$100K Wedding Cake For Salma Hayek???!!!

Decorating By ShopGrl1128 Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 12:57am by indydebi

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #1 of 96

I hope this is just speculation but apparently SH is going to spend $3.5M on her wedding, including a $100,000 cake icon_eek.gif

I love cakes, cakes are my life but I think there is a better use for $100,000.

95 replies
mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:03am
post #2 of 96

She is marrying the guy that owns Louis Vuitton. The 100k is a drop in the bucket for them.

I can only imagine having a life like that.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #3 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

I hope this is just speculation but apparently SH is going to spend $3.5M on her wedding, including a $100,000 cake icon_eek.gif

Well duh there's a better use for all the money we all get paid for our cakes. It's her money let her have her wedding. The LV purse I do as a cake sculpture retails for $1800 dollars, the purse not my cake. I tried to find the priciest one. Let some happy caker get a dynamite order--it will help balance out the ones of us who woefully undercharge.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 96

Look at it this way ... if you got that cake order, you'd only have to do one cake a year to make a great living! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 96

Who is she???

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 96

I agree that 100K could be used for other things, but I sure would have liked to have been the decorator to accept the order!!!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:58pm
post #7 of 96

yeah who is she? icon_confused.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 96

People who have that kind of money don't live in the same world we do. If she's spending that kind of moo-la on her cake alone she doesn't have to look at price tags. I'd be interested to see what her cake looks like. It'd be fun to be in on making a cake for a big do like that. I just can't imagine what a production it would be. Someone post the pic when it's available so we can see.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 96

Just did a search, and she's an actress. I like her.

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:05pm
post #10 of 96

She's an actress/director from Mexico. Had to look it up on Wikipedia since I am not into the Hollywood stuff.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:08pm
post #11 of 96

I thought she was already married to some French guy. Just goes to show that celebrity weddings and marriages come and go!

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:09pm
post #12 of 96

It would be neat if say the talented people on here started copying cakes like that. Do it at a fraction of the cost. You know, they way the do the dresses after an awards show.

mcelromi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcelromi1 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:27pm
post #13 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Looked it up:
The flower budget alone is almost a million dollars. Guests will eat Beluga caviar, fresh lobster and Kobe beef from Japan. They will enjoy the finest French and Italian wines and champagne. The total food budget for food and alcohol is more than $1 million." The couple are also said to have ordered an impressive seven-tier wedding cake which will cost around $100,000. Valentina will be dressed in a handmade $50,000 gown. icon_eek.gif

Valentina is her 9 month old daughter icon_eek.gif
And hes dress, which will only be worn once, is costing $500,000.
It pays to cater to the wealthy.
Even if I had the money I don't think I could justify it to myself to pay those outrageous amounts for such simple things. You could make such a difference with just a fraction of those amounts.
But don't think I wouldn't take the money if someone was crazy enough to pay it. icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #14 of 96

I heard a rich guy once say that he has all the same problems as everyone else just with more zeros on the end. So take off a few zeros and there we are huh.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm
post #15 of 96

k8memphis~ you got that right!! And like they always say, they still put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us!! Of course there are worse sayings, but that was the safest!

I haven't heard anything bad about her either, (she was also on Ugly Betty) so I say, if you've got the money, go for it. And if you really think about it, she's spending it and someone is fortunate enough to receive it!!!
so I say, SPEND IT, cuz whomeever is receiving it, good for them!!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:48pm
post #16 of 96

I think the only stupid part is that I am not making that cake!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:52pm
post #17 of 96

$100,000???

Will it be gold plated fondant?

Good grief...

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:56pm
post #18 of 96

These people are making a difference. How can we assume they are not making a difference? Just because they partake of the fruit of their means? Why can't they spend their own dang money. So somone should second guess how we should spend ours?

Just for starters they provide jobs for lots of folks.

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #19 of 96

Hey, if someone ever wanted to pay any of us $100K for a wedding cake, would we really turn them down?? icon_confused.gif

disubu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disubu Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:00pm
post #20 of 96

What a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a wedding. I think it's appalling.

Danielle111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle111 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:09pm
post #21 of 96

Does anyone know who she contracted to make the cake?

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #22 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I think the only stupid part is that I am not making that cake!

Wait, Edna, listen is that your phone ringing???

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:13pm
post #23 of 96

No no no no no I GOT IT I GOT IT

Scratch or Mix??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Kitty484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty484 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #24 of 96

What exactly would you have to do to a cake to make it worth $100,000?? My dad always says that he doesn't mind paying for things when they are worth the money but will they really be able to taste the difference between a cake that cost $100k and a reasonably priced one!!?? I wonder what it works out at per slice....

And who worked out that price and what sort of matrix did they use icon_confused.gif ?!
Did they walk in and say 'I'd like to spend $100k on a cake. What can you do for that?'??? Or did the decorator see them pull up in their million dollar car and start adding noughts onto their standard prices?!

For the record, if someone offered me that money to make their cake, I'd take it but I don't think I could ever consider my skills worthy of actually asking for that amount!

I'll await the photos with interest...

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #25 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

icon_biggrin.gif

hahahahahaahahaha icon_rolleyes.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #26 of 96

Hey..I say all the power to these actors/actresses and rich people alike!!If they have the money...why not!!!Who knows what expensive item you would spend your money on if you had it that others would think is ridiculous!! oh yah...and she can ring my phone to order a $100,000 cake anytime!! icon_smile.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:15pm
post #27 of 96

Sylvia Whinestock does a lot of high end cakes for celebs. They have gumpaste flowers that would take weeks to do (because of the abundance) and she personally flys the cake to the reception. So you think that the price of the cake isnt all for the labor, its also for the transport of it.
She is probably getting married in some castle or something so flying it there along is a good $1000. And if you ever watch Platnium Brides on WE, you can see some of the things they get that are outrageously priced and their not even celebs! (one bride had $60,000 in flowers alone because they were flown in from all around the world. Another had $9,000 for fabric to drape from the walls!)
I wouldnt mind getting an order like that. Think of what it would do for your business! You would be booked for the next two years! And then maybe you could get a taste of what its like to be one of them!!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #28 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

icon_biggrin.gif

lol icon_lol.gif
So- 7 tiers, assuming square just because I'm looking for greatest amount of servings... is 560 servings (18" to 6") 100,000 divided by 560 is $178/slice...

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:21pm
post #29 of 96

They are free to spend thir money as they choose, but......

I would rather see maybe half the amount being spent and maybe the other half helping out some of the so many deserving causes in thier name, allowing a legacy to live on. (like say a 5,000 dollar dress for the little girl and the rest to a charity on her behalf. ) Although as a single parent struggling in this world, anything with two or more zeros next to it for a childs dress is a rediculous amount of money to spend. Especially on something that will knowingly only be worn once!

Now having said that, I would not turn down a cake order like that (except out of fear that I would not do the cost of the cake justice) icon_cool.gif . Perhaps they are doing something like I saw on one of those plaitnum wedding shows, where they spent 5000 on the wedding cake "Jewelery" alone (swarski crystals I think).

But the bottom line is that for many of us, that kind of spending is unthinkable, and so it seems wastfull. Perhaps if I led a life where I had great sums of money at my disposal, then the amounts being reported would not seem as significant.

MMM...C'mon winning lotto nuimbers...lol icon_evil.gificon_biggrin.gif

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #30 of 96

Ok, so if I was making the cake though I would have made like 2 back ups just in case I had a blow out or a cake gremlin racing around after me... so there in it self brings the 178/slice down to 59/slice. so the is a bit better right? lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%