I Am So Excited!!!

Decorating By TexasTam Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm by ALVARGA

TexasTam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasTam Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 25

I found a new cake supply store only 5 miles from my house!!! thumbs_up.gif I didn't even know it was there. I went in today and it is the coolest place ever. They have one whole room dedicated to just candy making stuff.

And they had sleeve fillings...I bought some for the wedding cake I am making this week. One less thing for me to do.....YEEEHAAWW!! They also carry Americolor. I know some of you are going whats the big deal? But it is to me...I thought all I had to buy stuff from was JoAnne's, Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Visualize this girl jumping up and down like a little kid in a candy store right now. My daughter was hungry and grouchy so I couldn't spend as much time as I wanted in there today, but I will be back there soon.

24 replies
bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 25

Oh, I would be excited, too! What's the name of it? If I ever get to that side of the state again, I'll have to look it up!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 25

Good for you! I have one around here (about 12-15 minutes away), but I only go there as a last resort since they're a bit on the expensive side and I can usually find stuff cheaper on-line especially if the s/h is decent.

TexasTam Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 25

It's called You Take The Cake...it is in Arlington, Texas. There is another one in Richardson, Texas call The Cake Carousel...but it is much further from me.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTam

I found a new cake supply store only 5 miles from my house!!! thumbs_up.gif I didn't even know it was there. I went in today and it is the coolest place ever. They have one whole room dedicated to just candy making stuff.

And they had sleeve fillings...I bought some for the wedding cake I am making this week. One less thing for me to do.....YEEEHAAWW!! They also carry . I know some of you are going whats the big deal? But it is to me...I thought all I had to buy stuff from was JoAnne's, Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Visualize this girl jumping up and down like a little kid in a candy store right now. My daughter was hungry and grouchy so I couldn't spend as much time as I wanted in there today, but I will be back there soon.

Are you kidding? I would DIE to have a store like that near me! We have N O T H I N G here. Our Michaels and AC Moore even suck. I have to buy EVERYTHING online. (except boxes I can get those local)

Enjoy it! I am SO JEALOUS

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 25

Hey guys, Im in central texas. And we have All In One Bakeshop. Just go to the website. It's kinda vague, but the actual store is great. www.allinonebakeshop.com

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 25

Good for you! We have a fun little shop where I live but its kind of expensive so I only go there for things I cannot find at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They do make candies & flowers too so when I'm pressed for time I drop by there.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 25

I am very lucky to have The Cake Ladies Dream shop about 12 miles from me. They have anything you could ever need, and their prices are great! The even rent cake pans for those times you need one you don't ever see using again.

mpence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpence Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 25

Thanks for posting the names of the shops in Arlington and Richardson. I'll be in the Dallas area in a couple of weeks so I can go check these out. Thanks thumbs_up.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 10:50pm
post #10 of 25

Oh how I wish there was a supply shop near me, even on the same island would be wonderful. There is a little section in Ace Hardware for Ben Franklin Crafts, there are only a few basic Wilton items. I order everything on line. I used to stock up in Los Angeles area when I visited there, but now with the luggage restrictions on the airlines, that is not going to be an option any longer. Even Walmart here has stopped carrying Wilton's. I say thank heaven for Global Sugar.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:42pm
post #11 of 25

I am so jealous. There's one cake supply place that's an hour away and they only have the real basic stuff. If I want something out of the ordinary I have to drive 3 1/2 hours away or buy it online.

Thank Goodness for Global Sugar.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #12 of 25

I'm one of the lucky ones, as one of Omaha's largest craft stores is only a few blocks from my house. I could live there! The selection is great, and the prices are reasonable. And they have some great promotions to keep me shopping there, like 40% off any item.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #13 of 25

There is one about an hour away from me in Shreveport.

On another note

GeminiRJ--
Got my cutters--Thanks, I will be making some tonite.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:06am
post #14 of 25

We don't have much of anything either. A florist out of the way sells a few things that can't be found at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Ben Franklin Crafts. A Wilton student told me about it. I thought who would've ever thought to go in there and how do they propose to sell it before it expires if they don't advertise they have it?

TexasTam Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #15 of 25

WOW!!! I feel very lucky indeed. I couldn't imagine driving as far as some of you to get supplies or buying everything online without touching it.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:15am
post #16 of 25

Lucky you! My nearest is over 500 miles away. The joy of living on an island. All I can say is thank whichever God you subscribe to for internet shopping!

LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #17 of 25

Good for you!!! I have a shop about 20 minutes away from me that I've been dealing with for years. They have 1/2 of the store for wedding supplies, another part for candymaking and everything imaginable for cake decorating. If he doesn't have it, he'll order it for you. Sure hope he never retires!!!

koalabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koalabear Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #18 of 25

Wow!!! Thanks for the info. I'm really close. Can't wait to go check it out!!!!

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:22am
post #19 of 25

I know exactly how you feel, that is how i felt when we moved from a town that only had walmart for supplies and now i have 2 count them 2 cake decorating supply stores thumbs_up.gif I am very happy for you.

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:55am
post #20 of 25

momvarden..I just moved from Newport News(Fort Eustis) and I lived in Creative Touch!!!I even took classes there...thats one thing that sucks with military life, you may end up somewhere that has no cake supply store..Thank goodness moving to the area im at now, they have a nice big one like 30 minutes away so when i go down there especially with gas prices I rack up on all my supplies.....LOL

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:34am
post #21 of 25

Texas Tam, I live in Keller but work in Arlington. I shop at Elizabeth's cake shop. She is off of 183 and Ector in Bedford. She has everything including Satin Ice, candy molds, pans, cookie cutters, flavorings, the fillings in the sleeves, and boxes. Boxes in every size. She also rents pans. I generally find everything that I need there. If she doesn't have it she will order it or tell you where to find it. Check her out. I will have to check out the place you mentioned. Where in Grand Prairie is it?

TexasTam Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:55am
post #22 of 25

Alvarga-It is in Arlington not Grand Prairie. It is on Cooper you know where the 24hr fitness is across from the Parks mall? It is in that shopping center where Rock Fish, 24 hour fitness is....the nearest cross street is Arbrook. So it sits on the corner of Arbrook and Cooper....3701 S. Cooper St. Arlington Texas. They do classes there also, rent pans, have those strong sturdy boards and tons of other stuff. Go check it out. I will check out Elizabeths also..thanks for the info.

I ran into another lady in the store that also posts on this forum, but I was so excited to be in the store I forgot to ask her username on CC. Duh me.

Where do you work in Arlington....I live right off 360 and I20.

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:35am
post #23 of 25

i have a store like not even 15 mins from my house i love it they also have a room all for candy making! a million pans, a million tools, everythign evything i love it! its called EL MUNDO DE LA REPOSTERIA ( THE WORLD OF PASTRY)

ALVARGA Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm
post #24 of 25

TexasTam, I work off of 360 and Division. I will check out this store maybe one day after work or at lunch time. It sounds like it is the same distance from work as Elizabeth's is. I will definitely have to visit soon.

ALVARGA Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm
post #25 of 25

duplicate post

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%