I Will Never Knead Mmf Again!

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm by shebaben

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 7

Many kisses to the person that said they use their dough hook to knead their mmf. I've been making mmf for a long time and doing it the old way. I had my hands full of melted marshmallows when the phone rang and I needed to get it. I tapped the button on the phone and tried to listen to the person with the phone laying on the counter. It was such a mess!!! Right then and there I decided to try the dough hook method and I'm HOOKED! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 replies
karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 7

Works great for me, too.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 7

Great idea! I've only made mmf a couple of times, but I'll have to remember this tip!

Adrianita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrianita Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcakelady

Many kisses to the person that said they use their dough hook to knead their mmf. I've been making mmf for a long time and doing it the old way. I had my hands full of melted marshmallows when the phone rang and I needed to get it. I tapped the button on the phone and tried to listen to the person with the phone laying on the counter. It was such a mess!!! Right then and there I decided to try the dough hook method and I'm HOOKED! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

When I tried to get more PS and I couldn't because my hands were stuck together...hahahaha.

Now that I bought my Professional KA it has been a blessing.

Don't forget to Crisco the mixer bowl and the hook!!!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #5 of 7

thanks for sharing that, i always end up with melted marshmellow also, however, i do plan on useing the hook now...

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:04am
post #6 of 7

I add 1/3 c. shortening to the marshmallows when I melt them, and it doesn't really stick to the bowl or hook.

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 7

I always make sure I really, really grease the bowl I'm melting the marshmallows in, the mixing bowl, the dough hook, AND the wooden spoon I use to moave the marshmallows,etc.from one place to another. I have to be careful to check that I don't have powdered sugar lying dry and lumpy on the bottom of the bowl; it just takes patience, but it beats kneading it all by a milllion miles! Also, if I'm lucky, I can add the color to it as i'm adding the sugar...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%