Chocolate Clay Vs Mmf

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm by maimai16

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:47am
post #1 of 4

hi guys... maybe someone knows the pros and cons of MMF and chocolate clay... i'm planning to use it next week for my daughter's birthday... any tips?i just want to know if i can handle chocolate clay. for the record, i've done almost all my cake with MMF, just want to try chocolate clay because they say its more delicious & easy to work with icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:49pm
post #2 of 4

Well, they are very different. I like both & I like to mix them together. The chocolate clay gets soft faster, if you have hot hands, I've heard it's harder to use. My hands are never hot, so it's easy for me. The white chocolate is way softer than the dark (milk choc is in between). Give it a shot, I'll bet you'll love it!

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 4

I like both but for different things. I like making cut out flowers out of chocolate clay, but I find it stickier, greasier, and softer. I've only used the colored candy pieces (Mercken's) rather than real chocolate. I don't particularly like the taste, i think the corn syrop ruins it for me.

You will never know what it is like until you try right? It is really simple to make!

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 4

thanks, at least i have an idea... so, if im going to use choco clay alone, i would find it difficult coz i have warm hands and the climate here is too hot... maybe i'll try combination of both. thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%