Ideas Needed, Please!

Decorating By lpino Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 3:50am by jammjenks

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 4

Ok, I have a brain block and I desperately need help!
I always come here for ideas and I've never been dissapointed but today, by entirely my fault, I just can't visualize what I want to do...

I got a request for a cake + cupcakes (for approx. 40 people) with a summer theme in mind. It is for a girl who is turning 5 and her mother wants a special summer/innocence/childhood cake in pink, pastel green, yellow and purple.

I was thinking flowers, butterflies and a big fondant bow but I'm not sure how to put it together... I can't come up with a design... I guess I'm just tired and have a lot in my mind but I'm frustrated and this cake is for Saturday! icon_cry.gif

Any ideas??? please???
I really appreciate it!

A desparate-looking-for-help Laura

3 replies
raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:15am
post #2 of 4

Hi Laura: right now my owm brain is fried, just tired, but my suggestion and you probably thought of this too is I go into the gallery of pics. and there is always one that triggers my imagination. HTH, and when my brain is more rested I will come back and see if you have anything yet, if not I'll brainstorm w/you icon_smile.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:35am
post #3 of 4

Ladybugs and butterflies! Use flowers only as a "base" or seat for them... icon_smile.gif
What 5 yr old can resist? icon_smile.gif

Rita

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:50am
post #4 of 4

Do a search for butterflies. I just did one to respond to a post on another forum on CC and there are some really pretty cakes that would be just what you are looking for...at least I think they're what you're looing for...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%