Wilton Red Not Working

Decorating By bkdcakes Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm by ALVARGA

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:25am
post #1 of 3

I've not had this problem before, but the last 3 batches of red bc that I've made have not come out right, even after letting it set. The Crisco problem from last year (which I didn't have over the winter icon_mad.gif ) seems to be rearing it's ugly head again. I don't know why, but it only seems to be the reds this time. I've tried Christmas Red; Red, Red; & No Taste Red. It's almost like the red is breaking down the icing... icon_cry.gif

Anyone know where to get the best deal on the Americolor gels? We only have Wilton colors around here, that I've found, so I'll have to buy them online.

2 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 3

I haven't tried this, but I've heard of others putting a red Kool-Aid packet in the BC mixture to give a great red color. Maybe you could try that!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 3

I gave up on Wlton reds a long time ago. I use only Americolor. Thier red and black are great!!!! Where in TX. do you live? I also live in TX in the Dallas-FT. Worth area. Check out post titled "I'm so Excited". We have mentioned several places in the area where you can buy supplies other than Michaels, JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. Hope the helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%