How Do You Know....

Business By cakelady15 Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 10:37pm by MichelleM77

cakelady15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady15 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 2

when you are ready to start your own business? I live in Ohio so I am able to bake under the Cottage Laws which is a huge plus, but I am nervous about advertising and making cakes for people I don't know. I have been decorating for about a year and I am still taking classes. I know I need to get a lot better, but everyone keeps insisting that I need to at least get a website to advertise. I am worried that I'm not experienced enough to have a website and I don't want to turn people off to my cakes before I even get started. I plan on spending the rest of the summer taking more classes and making some practice wedding cakes and possibly getting a website in the Fall. Does everyone feel this way before they get started?

1 reply
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 2

I started over a year ago and I still feel this way! I don't know if I will ever get comfortable. It's just my nature I guess. I'm getting better with cookies, but cakes are still soooo nerve-wracking for me! I turned down a wedding cake the other day because I am just not to the point yet, need a lot more practice before I will take that on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%