Personalized Chocolate Wrappers

Decorating By conchita Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 2:06am by conchita

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 15

I know this has nothing to do with cake decorating but I need help I need to make some invitations and I want to make them as chocolate wrappers is there any software available for this? because I seem them print in a shinny paper not loki the regular printing papers.
has anybody done this tipe of thing?

thank you

14 replies
nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 15

I have been looking into doing these and the best I can tell you can order software and supplies from several different places. But I did read somewhere that you can print them on brochure paper. Also there are free downloadable designs online.


Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:41am
post #3 of 15

I was looking at exactly these a little while ago, I am an ebay fiend so thats where I found them, good prices too icon_smile.gif
They say they can do anything you ask for so it's worth asking about the shiny paper.

If you search 'personalised wrappers' in eBay you get a ton of them come up icon_smile.gif

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 15

I actually have been making these for several years now. VERY easy. I use the "printer quality inkjet paper" and laminate. You can check mine out Please excuse the old website. I need to get ahold of it, but just haven't had the time lately with all the cakes I have been doing. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask.


Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 15

I was too cheap (actually was financially strapped) to buy them as favors and saw them online and said, "I could make those", so I did. I used my Broderbund The Print Shop program in which to make them and received quite a few compliments on them. Even had one of my cousins ask me where I got them so she could order some too. I wound up making them for her as well.

They were the favors for my son's and daughters' baptisms and they were so simple to do - time consuming to get it the way I wanted on the 'puter, but once they were 'set' I just printed them out, cut them and wrapped and glued and was very pround of the way they looked. By the way, my son was baptized about eleven years ago.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 15

I just use microsoft publisher (although I've used other home print programs over the years) and I buy glossy paper @ staples (it's usually labeled as paper for brochures or pamphlets).

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 15

For the price of them on ebay I wouldn't waste my time and energy making them. By the time you track downt the supplies, use gas, time, and energy to go get everything and the time it would take to set it up and print it wouldn't be worth it to me. We ordered some on ebay 6 years ago for our wedding (precious moments) and it made life so much easier.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:22pm
post #8 of 15

I always have a supply of paper on hand and if I need more I just go to Cosco where I can get the paper and candy in one place. And since I did it the first time, it was a cinch to keep that one as a template and change it around to do the other four. Then you just print out as many as you need and it's surprisingly fast to cut two sides of the paper - around the wrapper and then put it around the candy and use a glue stick to seel it.

Then again, maybe it was quick for me since I was a secretary for years (or should I say Administrative Ass't - so nobody bites my head off icon_biggrin.gif ) and I had done large major assembly line-type mailings for years.

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #9 of 15

I've done them with brochure paper also. I have also done them for the little Hershey minitures and used them in favor bags or just set out in little bowls. Super quick once you get them all set up on the computer and like someone else mentioned I just saved them as a template and changed them around for other parties.

Not so happy though that Hershey went and changed their wrappers!!! They are no longer wrapped with the silver foil and paper around them, all the one's we get here are sealed in the plastic-y type of wrapper that's sealed at both ends icon_sad.gif But the minitures still work the same!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 15

The good thing is that most other candy bars are the same size and can be substituted if you can't get the Hershey bars with the foil and paper wrappings.

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 15

I think It depend on your printer. I've printed pictures on a glossy paper, I'm sure you could do it. I don't know where you are but I would try a Kelly paper supply store

here's a link to there site

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:15pm
post #12 of 15

I have a Kelly Paper store across the street from my house! Good to know....

Especially since I spent a pretty nice chunk of change ordering these online for my wedding a few months back.

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm
post #13 of 15

I bought my wedding invitations there and printed them myself.

they even have a catalog of what they print for you, or what kind of paper they offer. they offer so much of a variety they don't carry all of it in the stores but they'll order it for you.

SugarMama602 if you have a chance go in there and browse. it's worth a look

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 12:30am
post #14 of 15

I too have been doing these for yearssss. I use print master program. For special occasions like weddings and such, I use gloss coated paper, not the photo kind though, it's to thick. When you glossy paper, you have to let them sit and dry for a while first or the ink will smudge. For birthdays, valentines and other misc. occasions and candy bouquets I use regular printer paper. You can get 2 per page. Hope this helps. thumbs_up.gif

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #15 of 15

thank you so much for all your help icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%