Looking For Scratch White Cake Recipe

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 1:27pm by bashini

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:36am
post #1 of 2

I've had issues with box mixes for my white cakes - while they taste good I've had an issue. An example of the issue is that I leveled my cakes for 2 different events over a 24 hour period (weren't fridged until the end of the period) stuck them in a zippy and froze them. Was doing another cake the following week and wanted to try some cake balls. So I pulled the scraps out. Thawed them out went to open the bag and take a taste and it had the funny smell/taste I get if I don't fridge the cake right away. It doesn't matter the brand have tried the DH, BC and Pils and all do the same thing. So I am concerned if I every expand with this - right now just family and friends freebies. The decorating over a couple days could cause this to happen to a cake. I want to try and see if its the extra chemicals that causes this. Plus I just love to bake and would like to try some scratch cakes.

TIA

Judi

1 reply
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Judi, there is a lovely white cake in the Recipe Index here. Its called Heavenly White Cake. Here is the link,

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1171-Heavenly-White-Cake.html

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%