Costco Cake

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm by mami2sweeties

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 10

I attended a wedding last weekend in NY. The bride is a pastry chef at a high end restaurant the groom works as a events planner. The wedding cakes were from COSTCO.. It was a simple and casual wedding held outdoors. Costco pizza, costco veggie, fruit and sandwich platters.

Everyone had a great time and the brides friends loved the costco cake.

9 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 10

you know, i read so much negative stuff about cakes from grocery stores BUT i must say i would much rather eat a costco's cake than a cake made by a decorator that was just from a box...

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 10

I just finalized my son's adoption and my co workers bought me a costco cake. It was SO good! I love cosco cakes specially the one with cream cheese filling and frosting, yum!

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 10

I have to admit...I love costco cakes. We don't have a membership so I've only tried them at other people's b-day parties...but I think they are really good.

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 10

I have to disagree, I would rather have a doctored box cake from a talented decorator then a costo cake made by who knows, from who knows where, shipped who knows how and deocrated by who knows...

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 10

I've never had a Costco cake, but my favorite bakery (before I started baking myself) in North Carolina was our local Lowes Food Store. They had the best cakes! I even had them make my wedding cake and I became friends with the lady who ran the bakery. She helped me out when I was first getting started and she was such a great lady.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #7 of 10

Anytime I taste a cake that I didn't have to make, it tastes good to me. Costco, HEB, I even eat Walmart cake icon_lol.gif Cake without work=joy icon_biggrin.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 10

i have to admit, I love Costco sheet cakes as well! My favorite was the white cake with strawberry mousse filling! I have seen some beautiful wedding sheet cakes as well! For a simple wedding, or any other function, I'd definately go Costco's way.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #9 of 10

i have to admit, I love Costco sheet cakes as well! My favorite was the white cake with strawberry mousse filling! I have seen some beautiful wedding sheet cakes as well! For a simple wedding, or any other function, I'd definately go Costco's way.

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm
post #10 of 10

I know on this site grocery stores get bad raps but my friend is getting her parents 50th cake from a Publix. They were given samples and loved the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%