What Do You Do For Sore Hands??

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 6:18pm by butterflywings

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 5

I had a bunch of cakes this weekend and now my hands are sore. Of course now I have to be at my regular job and do a lot of typing throughout the day....what can I do for my sore little hands??

Oh and my feet...they throb after being on them for hours - I have great sneakers. I might invest in a nice stool to sit on while decorating. Who knew this job would take a toll on your whole body icon_lol.gif

4 replies
Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

lol, yes it does take a toll doesn't it?! I always sit when possible on a stool while decorating....as far as hands go.....when all is said and done & I can relax....I rub my hands with scent free muscle rub....it really works like a charm for me! Good luck icon_smile.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 5

For me... Aleve... When I have been on my feet and busy with my hands, it works all over. Those parafin hand baths work great on the hands and the feet. Got mine at WalMart...

Good luck,
Pat

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 5

I have a home paraffin spa (you can get them at bed bath & beyond or CVS or anyplace that sells personal care appliances), and let me tell you, NOTHING feels as good on sore hands as sinking them into that tub of warm paraffin. I've been doing this for years, even before I started cakes, because in my former career in office work I suffered greatly with hand pain. Works WONDERS!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 5

i have a pair of compression gloves that i bought in the pharmacy section of walmart (where the knee braces are). when i know i'm going to be doing thing where my hands will be making lots of little repetitive motions, i wear then while doing it. though, that's not always feasible with cake decorating, so i put them on whenever i'm taking a break or resting and have been known to sleep in them. they really do help, as the keep the swelling down. the fingers are mostly free, i think the glove comes up to the 1st knuckle. and there's a velcro strap that wraps around the wrist.

for my feet, i sit as much as possible when decorating and get hubby to set up my foot spa thing for when i'm resting, taking a break or when i'm done for the day.

i don't have as much trouble with my feet as i do my hands. my mother has RA and i'm very aware that i may inherit it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%