How Do I Get........???????

Decorating By Cajah Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 8:14pm by tonedna

Cajah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cajah Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

how do i get the criss cross or a fence effect on a cake
it looks like this- xxxxxxx
i don't know if you understand what i am saying. icon_confused.gif
if do know how to do it, how do you get it to be straight, even & just perfect.
thanks for answering thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 5

Are you referring to the "lattice" technique?

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not an expert but I'd go with the fondant embosser and a ruler, hope this helps icon_wink.gif

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 5

I think you're talking about an impression mat. You can find them here.
At the bottom is a cake using the technique that I think you're referring to.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 5

It depends what are you trying to do. Impression mat works great on Buttercream that crust. But they dont work as well on fondant. For that I use markers almost like cookie cutters one. I think is called a diamond cutter.. It looks like 3 diamonds on a row.

Quote by @%username% on %date%