We Can't Wait Mum!!

Decorating By murf Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm by murf

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I couldn't resist showing you all this picture of my twins at their grandparents anniversary party - this is what happens when you are 3, there's 2 of you to lead each other into trouble and you both really, really, really want that cake before anyone else!!
Jenny
LL

5 replies
vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 6

love the cake
cute kids

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 6

ok, first your twins are adorable... I bet they're a couple of scamps

secondly, great cake. how did you do the checkerboard.

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 6

I LOVE that cake!! Your boys are so handsome too! =) I have twins, but boy/girl, so at first I thought the cake was for the twins & I think that would be a cute idea for me to do in pink/blue. Thank you for sharing! If you have any other great twin ideas, pm me, mine are just 16 months, so I have so many fun years to come! =)

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

OMG! Your boys are so cute!
I have 2 boys too, although not twins, I can totally relate! icon_rolleyes.gif
Awesome job on the cake! thumbs_up.gif

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my boys and the cake!
Yes they are complete scamps, never did I have these problems with their older sister! But they are completely gorgeous with it and sooooo much fun to be around(never do I say double trouble, just double fun!)
The chequerboard effect on the cake was very simple but a little fiddly. I basically iced the cake with white fondant then cut out a square of brown chocolate fondant (roll it quite thinly then it's not so obvious) and sugarpaste glue'd it on the top corner. The best advice I can give is to cut it bigger than you need then you can shape it round the corner and then cut off the excess at the bottom. I imagine you could do a similar effect with buttercream or royal if you masked the area you didn't want to colour, maybe with cling film (I think you call it saran wrap?)
Thanks again
Jenny

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%