Silicone Bundt Cake (It Burned A Little)--Help!!!

Decorating By Wesha Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 1:04am by Cakepro

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #1 of 4

I made a chocolate bundt cake in the silicone pan. I was using a Duncan Hines extender recipe on the side of the box. I had the oven on 350 as directed and after 38mins i started to smell a burning smell. I opened the oven and the cake rose over the hole in the pan on one side and it is burned a little on the edge. What should I do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Benisha

3 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #2 of 4

I would just trim off the burnt part and go on with the decorating/glazing/whatever you're doing.

The only thing is that in my experience, when I've scorched an area on a chocolate cake (like the edges of an overfilled pan), I can taste that scorched taste throughout the chocolate cake. I hope yours doesn't taste that way!

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 4

I took your advice and trimmed off the burned edge. The lady that I sold it too, called me to say it was delicious. I am guessing that she could not taste it. BTW what would you charge for a bundt cake? I charged $15.00. Is this too low?

Benisha

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:04am
post #4 of 4

That's excellent!!

In my area, I can get $35 - $40 for a glazed chocolate bundt cake. It just really all depends on what your market is like.

Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%