Cookie Club - Suggestions For July Theme

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 6:58pm by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 9

Hello cookie makers!

Any suggestions for a theme for July????

8 replies
Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 9

How about Christmas in July? You could make Christmas-themed cookies like trees, stars, ornaments, snowflakes, etc. BUT they have to be decorated in Red, White, and Blue.

It just hit me that this is an International forum and my red, white, and blue suggestion has to do with our Independence Day celebration. So, if it's more appropriate, maybe we should just do traditional Christmas cookies.

My two cents.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 9

Hi Bonnie,
I've been perusing the site after an absence. Feels good to be back. How about "Summer movies" as a cookie theme for July?? (Wall-e, Kung Fu Panda, Hulk, Wanted, Sex in the City, ....)

kos

smitakasargod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 9

I love this idea. I would love to participate in the future. Can't this month as I'm traveling. How about a beach theme for summer. I also love the idea of an enchanted garden theme.

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 3:33am
post #5 of 9

My first thought too was Christmas in July. But I like the beach idea. There are a set of cookie cutters I wanted to buy anyway, this just gives me a good excuse to. Maybe we could do the Christmas this month and the beach next followed by back to school in Sept? I've never done cookies with the color flow before so I'm not sure how good anything I do is going to be anyway. It's got to be quicker then filling each one in with bc stars. That takes forever! Let me know when we decide on something and I decate one of my days off to attempt something.
Sherri

bonniebakes Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 9

Here are the suggestions thus far...

beach
Christmas in July
summer movies
enchanted garden.

How about if we do something non-denominational since we have members of all religions?
That leaves -

"Enchanted garden"
"summer movies"
"beach"

any thoughts? Any feelings about those three theme suggesitons?

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 9

I think both Enchanted Garden and Summer Movies would be quite challenging. And I'm always up for a good challenge!

arle1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arle1727 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #8 of 9

Summer movies sound like fun. I would like to see a Panda and the great ideas from The sex and the city movie......

bonniebakes Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:58pm
post #9 of 9

OK, let's go wtih summer movies. I'll start a new thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%