Where Do I Buy.....?

Decorating By hollyw567 Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 9:53am by cakegal

hollyw567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyw567 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 10

Where do you guys buy the pretty, shiny, textured paper you wrap your cake boards with? I am currently just using aluminum foil and/or vinyl tablecloths, but they are not very attractive. I am trying to make my cake presentation look more classy and less "homemade." Thanks in advance for any help. I love this site!

9 replies
jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 10

You can order it at www.countrykitchen.com (they have EXCELLENT customer service!). They have a variety of colors. You may also be able to go to a florist and buy florist foil from them. That's all it is. We buy ours at a wholesale company that sells silk flowers, so if you have a cake decorating supply shop in your area,check with them.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 10

I cover mine with all sorts of things. Royal icing, fondant, scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, even fabric. The sky is the limit!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 10

www.fondant source.com
use code "cakecentral" to take an extra 10% off!
also:
http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html

hollyw567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyw567 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you all SOOOO much! Love both websites! Exactly what I was looking for.

marilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marilyn Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 10

www.wrapsmart.com carries florist foil.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

I cover mine with all sorts of things. Royal icing, fondant, scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, even fabric. The sky is the limit!

HA! Me too!! (except haven't used fondant yet - kinda 'spensive for a board coverin'! LOL) I LOVE using scrapbook paper or wrapping paper and then I cover that with the press & seal saran wrap... works beee-U-ti-fully.

Petya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petya Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:04am
post #8 of 10

I was about to post the same question.
Thanks for the advice, everyone icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:36am
post #9 of 10

I would be VERY careful if you are using floral foil, as it is NOT FOOD SAFE. Make sure you use foil that is designed to be used with cakes.

I peronsally dont care for any kind of foil as when you cut into the cake, the foil gets cut too. I prefer to use precovered foil drums or cover them with fondant. I hear even contact paper is not food safe...

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:53am
post #10 of 10

I'm doing a cake this month for my son's wedding and I'm going to icing the cake board I think. Not sure yet if I want to do this, but that's what I want to do.LOL... So many ideas on here, it gets confusing. Just when you think you're set in your plans, you see something else that sparks an interest. But I just love this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%