Help!!!!imbc Turned To Soup

Decorating By danijus Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm by danijus

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 10

Ok so on my third attempt at IMBC I got it nice and smooth and fluffy and it tasted sooooo good. I only made this for practice so I put it in the fridge for later on. When I took it out it was hard so I left it on the counter for awhile to defrost and when I came back it was curdled and soupy. What happened?

9 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 10

just rewhip it.. it won't come out of the fridge the same way you put it in there unfortunately icon_sad.gif ... but you can rewhip it and it will turn out the same as it did before you put it in icon_smile.gif

HTH's icon_smile.gif

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 10

Just whip it back up,it turns soupy and curdley because the butter melts when it warms up but it should whip up just fine!

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 10

If it does this in a bowl then what happens on a frosted cake?!!! icon_eek.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 10

I never have it turn runny and curdley when I leave it out to soften up, and I sometimes leave it out all night so that it's ready to use first thing in the morning. Was it really hot in your house? How long was it out? It doesn't sound like it softened up, it sounds like it melted.

danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 10

It wasn't hot in my house. Did I make it wrong? It was fine when it went into the fridge. Also is SMBC more stable?

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 10

I had this happen to me once. Just re whip it!!! It's like magic, it totally comes back together. Sometimes takes a little while, just when you want to stop the mixer to give up, it comes together. So keep it going until it comes together!!!

I use only SMBC, it happens to it too!! Does not happen on a cake. lol.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 10

This is pretty normal with merique BC. You just keep on mixing it 'till it comes together. Rose Levy Biranbaum in her wonderful book The Cake Bible has great BC recipes. You can't miss if you follow them step-by-step.

MBoyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBoyd Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:43am
post #9 of 10

Yep. I agree - it is like magic! Sometimes even when I'm making a batch, at first it seems like it won't possibly be firm enough. But then I whip the snot out of it, and voila! Beautiful, magical stuff!

Once I was icing a cold cake on a humid day, and I started having a problem with condensation - it was a mess! - I thought I was a goner - but I just scraped it off the cake and rewhipped it. I've been a SMBC devotee ever since.

danijus Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks guys. You give me hope. I'll try again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%