First Cake Delivery Today!!!!!

Decorating By danijus Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm by danijus

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 20

I am so nervous. Today is my first real cake delivery. I just hope everything goes well. I'm not to nervous about the cake because its exactly what she wanted but I'm scared my raspberry mousse won't hold up and turn to mush.
OMG this is so nerve racking. Just had to get this out to people who understand.

19 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 20

Are you keeping the cake chilled for the delivery?

danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 20

Yes its in the fridge. I just hope she has room for it. It's only a 12" round. My first mistake was using fondant with the mousse. But I have it wrapped good.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 20

You're gonna be fine.

I like to deliver two hours before the reception so the cake can sit out but I cut it closer if it's a refrigerated item. People throwing parties usually do not have space for a big cake in there unless it's all planned in advance.

Can't wait for pictures!

trixe371 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixe371 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 20

it will be all right i delivered my first tiered cake yesterday i was so scared but it turned out just fine. so relax

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 20

I get nervous everytime, too! The best thing to do is use your nervousness to your advantage. Pay attention to all the little details, and take your time driving there (even if it p*ss** off the other drivers lol).
The good thing about being nervous is that you really care about what you are doing. It can be a good thing-just don't let it get the best of you.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 20

Good luck it'll be fine and later today you will be ready to do it again

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:25pm
post #8 of 20

I'm sure you'll be just fine. I've just delivered a two tier extra tall wedding cake (carrot with orange SMbuttercream) for my most important bride to date (venue was a five star hotel in the heart of London, UK) and I was soo nevous, I had visions of all kinds of disasters. Thankfully, all went well (thank you God). Summernoelle is right. Channel your nervousness into making sure everything is right for the delivery. Please let us know how you get on and remember to post the pictures.

danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 20

Thank you so much everyone. I'm calmer now. I just had a case of the what ifs. Here is a pic of what she ordered.

danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 20

ok how do I post a picture

danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 20

Im trying again
LL

danijus Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:53pm
post #12 of 20

oooooh I did it

CakeWhizz Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:35pm
post #13 of 20

Well done! I still can't figure out how to post pictures. The cake looks lovely! You should be very proud!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:44pm
post #14 of 20

I delivered my first cake today too. Actually it was 36 cuppies and a 6" for a topper. It was for a wedding shower, and as I was setting it up everyone stopped to stare. I have NO IDEA how you guys do wedding cakes! I was so nervous I just wanted to run out of there! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
Lovely cake BTW! It's a great shade of pink!

danijus Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:54pm
post #15 of 20

Thanks for the comments. Ok so I worried for nothing cause she loved the cake. My friend was actually at this party so she told me the truth and she said everyone loved the cake. And my mousse held up. Hooray!!

kayleighlovesjacob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayleighlovesjacob Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:07pm
post #16 of 20

your fondant is super smooth! it looks great!

CakeWhizz Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #17 of 20

Yay! I'm doing a happy dance for you. Well done!

danijus Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:44pm
post #18 of 20

Thanks...This is only my second fondant cake. I'm very proud. I learned a lot from sugar shacks dvd's.

monica7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monica7 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:56pm
post #19 of 20

Were you nervous ? I hope all goes well when I deliver my first cake. Anyway, congrats !

danijus Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #20 of 20

I was a complete wreck. I was questioning myself all day. Did they eat it yet? what if they don't like it? My husband tells me I'm way to critical of my work but I like things perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%