Do You Have To Let Mmf Rest Before You Use It, Quick Please

Decorating By caincakemaker Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 8:45am by CoutureCakeCreations

caincakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caincakemaker Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:13am
post #1 of 4

It is the middle of the night before my cake is due and I have just pulled all the fondant off my cakes because the colors didn't match up. I would like to make and use right now the MMF, can I?

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:19am
post #2 of 4

If you sift the powdered sugar it might work. It will probably be pretty soft, you might stick it in the fridge for a little bit before you try to put it on the cakes. Also, you may get some bubbles in the fondant...not between the cake and the fondant, but in the actual fondant...but nobody but you will notice them.

Your cake looked lovely before. Can you make a double batch of MMF and put the color in before the powdered sugar, so that you get an even color? Even if you have to knead it in two batches (I would) I think that would be the best way to get it all the same color.

Good luck!!!

caincakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caincakemaker Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:26am
post #3 of 4

How much does a double batch cover? I need enough for 15, 12, 9, and 6.

I had a satin ice nightmare, the stuff just wouldn't work. It was old for sure so I threw out 20Lbs tonight. Ugh...

Thanks for your help.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 8:45am
post #4 of 4

I tried to use it without letting it rest. It is too soft and has too many air bubbles. You MUST let it sit in the fridge and at least get cold if not overnight. It will get rid of all of the air bubbles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%