What Cake Would You Make?

Decorating By hallfamily727 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 2:18pm by hallfamily727

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:33am
post #1 of 9

I've been asked to make a cake for a luncheon for another non-profit organization that they put on for their supporters. The meeting/information session is business formal attire, but the luncheon itself is a bit more casual. I think they're serving soup/salad and sandwiches.

The director has requested mini cakes with their logo on them (boo! minicake h*ll) in MMF, but has left the flavoring ideas pretty much up to me. I want to run a few flavor combos by her in the next couple of weeks. Granted, it's not til the end of September, but I'm a freakish planner like that.

What would you serve to this group? Would love ideas/recipes/suggestions! Thanks for the help!

Carrie

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:52am
post #2 of 9

The WASC cake recipe is very versatile. icon_smile.gif

Here's the expanded flavors version:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

Using DH white cake mixes, a full recipe yields 14 cups of batter which is perfect when you're making LOTS of little cakes.

My favorite flavor combo is the almond cake with either strawberry or raspberry sleeved pastry filling.

HTH

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 9

I agree that Wasc would be a great option. Everyone likes it.

A marble cake might be great two or since it's the end of september... possibly a spice cake or carrot cake.

hallfamily727 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for the tips! The WASC cake sounds perfect!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 9

You never go wrong with a dark chocolate, and a lot of people like lemon, especially this time of year. The lemon version of the WASC is AWESOME!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 9

i like the Jan's idea of WASC w/strawberry filling and maybe use an almond bc for your crumb coat.

i like a dark chocolate or chocolate fudge cake with either raspberry or orange flavored filling. of just almond flavored bc as the filling (yum!)

or dark chocolate w/chocolate mint flavored ganache filling. mmm this sounds so good i might have to make it for my next family/practice cake.

french vanilla w/bavarian cream filling

maybe a pumpkin flavored cake w/cinnamon cream cheese filling (OMG, that sounds YUMMY!)

ok, now that i have made myself totally hungry for a big old hunk of cake and cold glass of milk... LOL

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 9

I just had chocolate carrot cake for the first time, and it was AWESOME!!!! Maybe you could search for a recipe for that, it is fall-ish...just an idea!!

Bunniefluf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunniefluf Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 9

Okay....my vote is for chocolate cake with oreo cookie filling! Or a spice cake with a butter pecan filling! Or even a cherry nut cake with maraschino cherry filling! Or WASC with a cinnamony chocolate filling! Mmmm! icon_rolleyes.gif

hallfamily727 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 9

Ok, now I'm REALLY hungry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%