H-Pylori & Olive Oil

Lounge By Dordee Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm by awolf24

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 5

My dr had diagnosed me as having H-Pylori which is a stomach bacteria about 2 months ago. I tried taking the antibiotics but they made me horribly sick. I couldn't eat, sleep or do much of anything. I read in a book that Extra Virgin Olive Oil could prevent and treat H-Pylori. I have misplaced that book and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me how much you take a day to help treat the bacteria.

I also read that cummin or cumin extract don't remember the exact spelling could also help. I would greatly appreciate anybody's help or any other "home" remedies as I simply cannot take the antibiotics prescribed to get rid of the bacteria. The dosage is just too strong for me.

Any website addresses on this subject would be helpful too. TIA for your help!!!!

4 replies
Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:51am
post #2 of 5

Of all the people on this website, no one has ever heard of this. LOL!

Please ANYONE if you know of anything besides antibiotics that could help with H-Pylori PLEASE feel free to throw that info out there. I would greatly appreciate it.

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 5

I have heard of it, but don't know how to treat it. Have you told your doctor how the antibiotic made you feel? Surely he/she could try something different or send you to someone who can. Good luck.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:18am
post #4 of 5

I personally don't know anything about H.pylori. The only thing I can say about not wanting antibiotics is what about probiotics. I'm a huge fan of probiotics. I just can't say if they would help your situation. You can also PM me if you're interested in the name of a health store that I order from. I can give you their # and you can ask them what they could recommend for that particular condition. Lots of health stores including the one I use, do saliva tests. They can gather results for just about everything w/that. Yeast infections, stomach enzymes, thyroid conditions, adjustment locations, corn allergies, etc....

Does it have anything to do w/stomach enzymes? What exactly is H.Pylori? An explanation might spark a mental note in someone who could help.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 5

I found this and many other articles online:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/14/health/healthy_living/main2475814.shtml

If you are willing to poke around online, I just went to www.google.com and typed in:

H pylori olive oil

and got many many results. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%