Shut Up!!! You Are Not Going To Believe This Cake....

Lounge By mom42ws Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 5:54pm by lisad1

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #31 of 87

What is disgusting about a woman giving birth? Sometimes I swear I don't get other people... I hope you're not equally disgusted with your own bodies.

I think the cake is great fun!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:13pm
post #32 of 87

I don't think a woman giving birth is disgusting, I think putting it on a cake is disgusting.

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:17pm
post #33 of 87

In my personal opinion cakes are the center of a celebration. Something to represent the occassion is not unusual.
However; where are peoples minds??? This is not "cute"......it is disgusting (to put it nicely). I don't know which is the sickest....the one who came up with the idea or the one who actually manifested it.
This cake is a prime example of the phrase "anything for a buck"!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #34 of 87

okay... there were some very disturbing pictures on that site. Babies in microwave, baby with cig, baby with liquor bottle to his mouth... pictures that I feel like should be turned into the police or cps, as much as I hate to say it...... young girls and a mother (I guess that's what you would call her) flipping the camera off.....

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:26pm
post #35 of 87

Okay...maybe this has been mentioned already, but after having 5 children...never once did I give birth naked! VERY POOR TASTE indeed!

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:07pm
post #36 of 87

I'm not sure I see anything wrong with the cake. Would it be my choice for a baby shower cake? No. Would I make it if someone asked? Yes and not for "just a buck" either.

I'm not disgusted by penis cakes ejaculating or cakes with big breasts. There is no reason why I should find a woman giving birth disgusting. Some women do give birth naked. I didn't, but I've seen it done.

It seems to me that the cake maker and the cake reciever have a good sense of humor.

It may not be your style or mine, but to each their own. Who are we to judge?

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:12pm
post #37 of 87

wow, i'm surprised at how strongly everyone feels about this cake. i thought it was a little strange and i wondered who would put this on a cake but it also made me laugh....ya know, it's like "oh no she di'ent". she obviously does a lot of humor cakes.

ashley

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:16pm
post #38 of 87

okay, so i just looked through this person's photostream on flickr and wish i hadn't posted the photo. although her photos are listed as public, i feel like everyone is judging without knowing anything about the individual or the photos. they're probably just trying to be funny and have an off sense of humor. i just thought the cake was funny and strange; not trying to pass judgement.

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #39 of 87

I think this cake is very unique and however unusual it is, it's pretty apparent that the creator is talented. It's of course not to everyone's fancy, but not everything is or can be.

Just my 2 cents

Gayle

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:43am
post #40 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjk

I'm not sure I see anything wrong with the cake. Would it be my choice for a baby shower cake? No. Would I make it if someone asked? Yes and not for "just a buck" either.

I'm not disgusted by penis cakes ejaculating or cakes with big breasts. There is no reason why I should find a woman giving birth disgusting. Some women do give birth naked. I didn't, but I've seen it done.

It seems to me that the cake maker and the cake reciever have a good sense of humor.

I couldn't agree more. Although I'm usually in the minority.

I find nothing disgusting about childbirth. I find that medical settings tend to make the birthing process seem like an icky/embarassing situation (legs in the air, spread eagle, medical tools, trash cans to throw "gross" stuff away after delivery). I think that's most ppl's view of it. How terrible. It wasn't until the birth of my 4th child that I realized how beautiful birth can be. And that the "gross" stuff wasn't actually gross at all when you have the right caretakers and setting.

I personally wouldn't put it on a cake. However if someone gave one like this to me, I'd laugh my butt off. But I do have a great sense of humor and am a total jokester. We don't know the background behind this cake. Someone might have requested it as a joke or prank cake. I didn't get to look at the other photos but I'm going to take a peek.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 6:36am
post #41 of 87

Those other pictures have been going around the internet for years...if you do a google images search for "worst parents" those pictures come up over and over.

As far as the cake goes, my 6 year old just came up, looked over my shoulder and said, "Eww gross mom, I'm never getting a boyfriend." (her fellow kindergartners told her all the facts of life icon_lol.gif)

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 9:07am
post #42 of 87

I'm with the "to each his own" crowd. Graphic, but thats why its funny.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:21pm
post #43 of 87

I am anything but a prude but this is just disqusting. Next thing you know they will make a cake with someone taking a ****. Or maybe they already have.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:23am
post #44 of 87

I totally forgot the cake when I saw the rest of the pictures:

baby in the microwave....
baby with cigarette in his mouth....
baby duct taped to the wall.....

I stopped looking after that, I was afraid to see the rest,

I don't normally get upset about these kind of things, to each his own, but come on, I am afraid to see how this kid grew up if he ever got the chance,

Barb

Janette Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:34am
post #45 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjk

Dear Friend of Mine,

If you are going to give me a Baby Shower just make it Chocolate with Chocolate Filling and BC frosting and pretty spring flowers. Maybe you could put "Happy Labor Day" or "Labor of Love" and leave it at that icon_wink.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:37am
post #46 of 87

This thread has given me some REALLY valuable insight on the psyche of certain posters.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:53am
post #47 of 87

I saw this when I did a flickr search about a month ago. I could never make this cake.

On the other hand, I can see giving it to a very close friend for a joke but not to be served to a crowd.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:37am
post #48 of 87

My vote is for disgusting although I have seen that cake before icon_confused.gif

Wjk Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:49am
post #49 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjk

Dear Friend of Mine,

If you are going to give me a Baby Shower just make it Chocolate with Chocolate Filling and BC frosting and pretty spring flowers. Maybe you could put "Happy Labor Day" or "Labor of Love" and leave it at that icon_wink.gif

You never let me have any fun. Just rain on my parade...Image

icon_lol.gif

Wjk Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #50 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

This thread has given me some REALLY valuable insight on the psyche of certain posters.

Janette Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:58am
post #51 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjk

Quote:

I was wondering about that too.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:24am
post #52 of 87
Quote:

totally!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:06am
post #53 of 87

What an awful cake!

And I have to say, of the 5 times I've given birth, never were my boobs exposed and standing straight up!!!!! icon_confused.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:55am
post #54 of 87

I prefer to keep my bodily fluids/functions separate from my food.

Janette Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:27am
post #55 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

What an awful cake!

And I have to say, of the 5 times I've given birth, never were my boobs exposed and standing straight up!!!!! icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gif

Wjk Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 6:00am
post #56 of 87

Did anyone notice that on the flicker pics from that baby shower cake, the daddy was one of the guys from G Unit. I think he goes by The Game????

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:36pm
post #57 of 87

What is G Unit?

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 2:23pm
post #58 of 87

If my gay friend Patrick had gotten the cake for me I would have laughed my butt off. Anyone else, not so much.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #59 of 87

I just find this post so silly (for lack of a better word). So those of you that are disgusted or grossed out by that one picture, I bet yall NEVER looked in the naughty or adult cakes album.

Childbirth on a cake is disgusting but an erect penis on a cake is not? Pretty silly.

One cake of a woman delivering is disgusting by most ppl yet theres a whole section devoted to naughty/adult cakes.

Can someone tell me the difference? Both are of private bodily parts and their functions. Boy, I think ppl in general have their priorities screwed up. Not meaning to offend anyone but I kind of disappointed in ppl on this one.

I didn't see anyone making a holler over the disgusting pictures of cakes w/breasts and penises or crap. I think this is ridiculous. If someone could explain, I'd be glad to try to understand what I'm not understanding about this.

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #60 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysoco

I just find this post so silly (for lack of a better word). So those of you that are disgusted or grossed out by that one picture, I bet yall NEVER looked in the naughty or adult cakes album.

Childbirth on a cake is disgusting but an erect penis on a cake is not? Pretty silly.

One cake of a woman delivering is disgusting by most ppl yet theres a whole section devoted to naughty/adult cakes.

Can someone tell me the difference? Both are of private bodily parts and their functions. Boy, I think ppl in general have their priorities screwed up. Not meaning to offend anyone but I kind of disappointed in ppl on this one.

I didn't see anyone making a holler over the disgusting pictures of cakes w/breasts and penises or crap. I think this is ridiculous. If someone could explain, I'd be glad to try to understand what I'm not understanding about this.

The acts of giving birth and body parts in general are not disgusting, but I choose not to mix my food and my body, though I hear there is a fetish that involves both. I do not choose to look at the "naughty" pictures because, again, I like to keep body parts and food separate. Yes, I find them (penis cakes, boob cakes, pregnant belly cakes, etc.)t o be unappetizing (as disgusting may be too strong a word) , the cakes that is, not the body parts in general.

You don't have to understand why, you just have to understand that we all do have different feelings about certain subjects and if we all had the same thoughts, well the world would be a boring place to be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%