Best Chocolate Cake??

Decorating By 4laynes Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:40am by jukesbox

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 13

I'm crazy about the wasc cake, but my daughter wants a chocolate cake for her sweet 16 in a week. She wants a 3 tier crooked cake (I'm excited to be trying my first one thumbs_up.gif ) so it needs to be a dense, sturdy cake. A tweaked mix would be great. Can anyone recommend a good recipe? There are so many..........TIA! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 13

Make a chocolate wasc cake following the suggestions for changing it. I have used it several times and its wonderful!

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 13

I made the Darn Good Chocolate Cake in the recipe section and took it to work today. There was not a piece left and I got a cake order out of it, so it must have been good!

Dana8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 13

what is a wasc cake?

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2leelee

I made the Darn Good Chocolate Cake in the recipe section and took it to work today. There was not a piece left and I got a cake order out of it, so it must have been good!

That is a favorite of all the chocoholics in my family!!! That cake is awesome thumbs_up.gif

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2leelee

That is a favorite of all the chocoholics in my family!!! That cake is awesome thumbs_up.gif

mom2leelee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 13

Dana8,

wasc stands for white almond sour cream cake. You can find it in the recipe section. I have yet to try it but it gets rave reviews on here!

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 13

I must also vote for Darn Good Chocolate Cake!! Never have any left over, and everyone requests it. Just made one today in fact!

mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:11am
post #9 of 13

I use the Barefoot Contessa's "Beatty's Chocolate cake recipe. IT is so moist and tasty.

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:22am
post #10 of 13

I like the Epicurious double Chocolate cake (very chocolaty) and also the Hershey's chocolate cake that is in the back of the Hershey's cocoa box (very moist).

asmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asmith Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:48am
post #11 of 13

Another vote for the Darn Good Chocolate Cake!

mom2leelee Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:14am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiET

I like the Epicurious double Chocolate cake (very chocolaty) and also the Hershey's chocolate cake that is in the back of the Hershey's cocoa box (very moist).

I have made the Hershey's chocolate cake and icing that is on the cocoa box and it turns out great also.

jukesbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #13 of 13

I use a version of an extender recipe found here on CC. I tweak it a bit. The recipe here calls for:

1 box mix, 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 3 eggs, 1 - 1/3 c. water, 1 c. sour cream or yogurt, and 1 stick butter

Well, I decided one day I'd try it. The only problem was I was out of sour cream so I put cream cheese in it. It turned out really moist and dense. It has become a favorite of my customers. Today I was making a b-day cake for my BIL, who by the way was the first to try the cream cheese version. I didn't have enough cream cheese so I added the sour cream and instead of water, I added butter milk (well, actually powdered buttermilk and water) instead of just water. I tasted the extra after leveling and it was divine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%