Can't Get Into The Groove :(

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 12:42am by -K8memphis

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:50am
post #1 of 7

Does anybody here get into that slump where ya REALLY I mean REALLY don't look forward to doing the cakes you have planned for the week?

I should be baking... and I am NOT in the mood!!!! I am stomping my feet not in the mood LOL crying like a child not in the mood!!! I DONT wanna make my BC... I DONT wanna make anymore deco.

NO NO NO

LMAO

6 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 7

That would be the cake I have due on Saturday that's an octopus. I started baking today and realized I baked 2 10 inch rounds and I should have done 2 9x13's. OOPS. (and I'm not a fan of Red Velvet cake and that's what it is) I think I may be able to use the ones I messed up on for the legs though.

So, NO you are not the only one icon_lol.gif

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 7

This is exactly how I felt yesterday!!! lol!

I'm the worst kind of procrastinator! I got home around 330 and was supposed to start baking three cakes, instead I got online icon_rolleyes.gif of course, and then I took a nap...lol..

so i started like around 9, I think...

Needless to say, I only baked one cake and made a double batch of BC...I messed up on the coloring so I might have to start all over...

**BIG SIGH**

I should get off this computer right about now!

wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 7

Well I have the oven on.. but thinking about turning it off icon_rolleyes.gif .... no I am doing it... I WILL MAKE THESE CAKES!!!!!!!!!

LOL Oh well what can we do... maybe our best work is when we procrastinate and we know it deep deeeeeep down inside LOL icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 7

Christi this is really random.. but do you bake from scratch or a mix? I can't remember you ever saying...

wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 7

Im a smixer LOL.. I do some mixs (always add to) and I do some scratch cakes (ie: carrot, italian cream, hummingbird, jam..etc)

icon_smile.gif

I haven't ever tried a scratch WHITE cake I like yet (my grandma couldn't even make one that I liked ) I think it's the texture.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:42am
post #7 of 7

I love Sylvia Weistock's yellow cake--but it comes out white. I don't separate the eggs I just toss 'em in like regular and I ditch a couple of the yolks. You can google it if you ever wanted it.

The only problem for me doing a tier cake out of it is I chill my cakes. This SW cake is made with butter so when I chill it and it comes to room temp it does not loosen up like an oil based cake. So I use doctored mixes for white tier cakes.

But this cake is magic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%