Have You Seen These?

Decorating By bafishr Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 6:41am by momshobby

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 11

A friend sent me these pictures of divorce cakes. She knows I'm scared to try a wedding cake, maybe starting at the end would be better.
LL
LL
LL
LL

10 replies
Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 11

There was a tread about these a couple of weeks ago. The second one has been altered. I know the feeling about doing a wedding cake but I figure if you can do a tier cake and deliver it then wedding cake you will have no problems!

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:00am
post #3 of 11

Sorry but I don't see the humor in these cakes. I think they are inappropriate, in bad taste and show no class. I would never contract to do one. Call me old fashion!

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:21am
post #4 of 11

I GUESS WHEN YOU GET DIVORCE YOUR MAD ENOUGH THAT SOMEONE MIGHT JUST WANT ONE. BUT IT DOES LOOK SCAREY...

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:24am
post #5 of 11

I personally wouldnt do one, but I can understand getting a funny one, but not a bloody looking one.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:01am
post #8 of 11

These cakes make me very sad for those who have them made. I believe divorce is too tragic a thing to have to go thru to celebrate it in such a sadistic way.

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:11am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakingangel

Sorry but I don't see the humor in these cakes. I think they are inappropriate, in bad taste and show no class. I would never contract to do one. Call me old fashion!

Here here, I gotta agree I think it's a bit twisted to celebrate divorce in that way.
Those bloody cakes are just freaky icon_confused.gif

Curious1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curious1 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:44am
post #10 of 11

I'm afraid I have to agree with a few of the others. These cakes seem to be a bit in bad taste. I understand that a lot of divorces are messy and when it's all said and done you may very well feel like celebrating, but a gorey cake just seems like a bit much to me. IMHO I don't think I would feel right about doing one myself...just seems a bit morbid
Lauren

momshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momshobby Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:41am
post #11 of 11

I do not see any humor at all in violence. Divorce is tragic enough without the thought of shootings, and decapitation. I think that these kind of cakes belong in the adult only forum, as I found them very disturbing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%