Wilton Tip 83

Decorating By illini89 Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 9:36am by illini89

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 5

H recently received from a friend the wilton tip #83. I looked online to find out what i can do with it. From what i can see you make a "x" with it Tried that, did not work, what am I doing wrong?
Also is there anywhere online, either here on this site or elsewhere where the specialty tips and their uses are shown?

thanks for once again letting me ask silly questions

4 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 5

have you tried using it with different pressure or different consistency in your icing? I looked in one of the wilton yearbooks and all it showed in there was the "x" like you said. It didn't say anything about pressure or consistency though. I know like when I use the #14 star tip, I can apply a small amount of pressure and get a tiny little star, but if I apply harder pressure it doesn't even resemble a real star to me. Hope this helps. If not at least it will give you a bump! Sorry so long winded! icon_lol.gif

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 5

One good thing for Wilton: The uses of the most popular decorating tips. (1986) Helped me a lot, But the one I use most when I want to know how to make something with a tip is: The Wilton School; Decorating Cakes A Reference and Idea Book.(1999) HTH

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry, forgot to say they are both books.

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:36am
post #5 of 5

thanks will try to get a copy of those books!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%