Calling All Mmf Masters!!!

Decorating By Shyanne_Mommy Updated 27 Jun 2008 , 6:08pm by Shyanne_Mommy

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 8

Okay I made it last and it is dry and like doing layers like playdoh does (if you know what I mean) and I don't know how to fix it or if I should just start over with a new batch....

Anyone know how to fix it?

Please any suggest would help thanks!!!

Autumn

7 replies
chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 8

The mmf isn't sticking to itself, it's staying in layers?

You can try warming it in the microwave (very briefly) or lube your hands up with shortening and knead it in. Hope this helps.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 8

Hello Autumn hope your day will go better icon_smile.gif

Knead in a little more crisco.. just a tad at a time...knead.. fold over .. knead.. add a little crisco.. knead.. fold over.. until you get it to where when you fold it over it is smooth.. no cracking and doesn't tear icon_smile.gif

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 8

ok I will try that if not I will just make another batch thanks again for the replies

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 8

If it's too dry I nuke it a little bit then lightly sprinkle it with water then crisco my hands and knead it. This always fixes it. Also, I'm going to start putting a bit of glycerine into it and experiment with that. HTH

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 8

Microwave it. That always works for me.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:51pm
post #7 of 8

I had the exact thing happen last night. First time MMF has ever not behaved! I kneaded in a bit more crisco and it was wonderful. With as humid as it is here I would have thought it was too moist, but adding a bit of 10 x sugar made it worse! icon_rolleyes.gif

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:08pm
post #8 of 8

Okay I went home and did what you all said and he didn't work...so I just started over and it turned out beautiful.... of course I had issue with little miss turkey butt (my daughter) eating the flowers as I was making them but hey I made all 300 plus I am sure there were more but they went into her belly..

Thanks for the suggestion.

Autumn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%