Drying Time Of Ri?

Decorating By CreatedByMe Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm by punkinpie

CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:25am
post #1 of 5

If I am writing something in RI on wax paper, how long should I let it dry before I try to pick it up? I'll be writing it in a tip 2 or 3 so it won't be too bulky. Any thoughts?
Tara

4 replies
CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:55am
post #2 of 5

anyone??

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 5

My instructor gave me a tip on this. On the side of your wax paper, make a few dots about the same width and size of your letters or flowers. Then you can test the dryness of them by peeling off one of the dots to see if it is dry. If it's not, wait longer and peel off another dot. Once you peel off a dot that is completely dry, you will know that your flowers or letters are dry and safe to peel off. icon_smile.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 5

The drying time can vary depending on humidity - dries quicker in a less humid environment (air-conditioning is great for RI!). A few hours should be sufficient.

Great tip from the previous poster! I'll use that in the future. icon_wink.gif

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

My instructor gave me a tip on this. On the side of your wax paper, make a few dots about the same width and size of your letters or flowers. Then you can test the dryness of them by peeling off one of the dots to see if it is dry. If it's not, wait longer and peel off another dot. Once you peel off a dot that is completely dry, you will know that your flowers or letters are dry and safe to peel off. icon_smile.gif

Love this tip - Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%