Big Sheetcake And I'm Overwhelmed.

Decorating By lbass Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 5:37am by bwonderful

lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake due this weekend that is a big sheetcake and the only thing my friend says is I like green and pink and stipes and dots. The design is lefted up to me. I'm stumped because the cake is so big. The cake has to feed 50 people. The cake is for her 21st birthday. She wants a big 21 in the middle of the cake. For some reason I can't figure out exactly how to do this. I wish it wasn't a sheetcake. She specificly wants a sheetcake. HELP! icon_cry.gif

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #2 of 7

what about a big oval or a square in the center of the cake with the 21 inside of that .... then take stripes from the oval to the edge of the cake, with some dots thrown in here and there?

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 7

Go into Word on your computer and find a font that you like. Make the 21 and stretch it out by dragging the box around the 21 until you get the size that you want cut it out using a stiff paper or acetate plastic. Make a mixture of 50/50 gumpaste and fondant cut it out when it dries lay it on top of the cake. Good luck There are lots of tiered cakes on here that has stripes and dots just change it up for the sheet cake.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:55am
post #4 of 7

I strongly recommend looking through Cakery's gallery... her cakes are awesome!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Cakery.html

lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everybody for your help! I love you guys!! icon_wink.gif

lori

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 10:16am
post #6 of 7

Would she like something like this? If you are doing a one layer sheet, you can do the stripes along the outer edges and the dots on top.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=37412

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:37am
post #7 of 7

Oh I agree about looking at Cakery's gallery. She is the master of sheet cakes~

If you want to be daring you could do the oval idea but have a slightly raised oval. Maybe make a cookie cake in the shape of an oval and frost it on top of the sheet cake. This would make it slightly elevated but not another tier. I would then do pink and green polka dots around the top of the cake and some stripes down the sides. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%