African Themed Cake / Cupcake

Decorating By lil8 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 7:13pm by mom2leelee

lil8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lil8 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 4

Heritage Day celebrations at work...our group got Africa...any ideas what flavour(s) I can use for cupcakes / cake for that theme?

3 replies
CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

You could get some plastic African Animals at the store and put those on a cake and for the cakes itself you could make them look like cheetah pattern and zebra stripes. that would be awesome. The flavor should be red velvet of some kind of chocolate or a marbalized cake

Good Luck thumbs_up.gif
Post the Finished Product icon_biggrin.gif

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 4

I went to Ghana my senior year of highschool. The theme all depends on what your going for. If its heritage I would go with there flag colors and if you do fondant shapes do some of the instruments that they make. Or even a hut. We went to a village in Bolgatanga and the Chief sat on an animal skin under a bowbow tree to speak to us and the huts looked like national geographic.

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 4

I was thinking you could do a hut also. Or just do a round cake w/ bold colored graphic fondant shapes. You could take your inspiration from the traditional kente designs. Just google kente images and you will find a lot of pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%