Tulip Cake

Decorating By Suewillo Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 2:18pm by CakeWhizz

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 16

This is the tulip cake I made for my daughter's grad party. It is not done the way wilton said to do it because I couldn't get the tulips to stay on the side of the cake like wilton did. They call it Tulip Splendor.
LL

15 replies
rkljazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkljazz Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 16

Oh my goodness that is a breathtaking cake. How long did it take you to make?

Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 16

Thanks it took me some time because the tulip's wouldn't stay on the side of the cake as they are in the wilton cake, but I did find the flowers easy to make. I hand painted each one because I don't like the way gumpaste looks when the colour is mixed into it. Hand painting makes them much softer I think. My daughter loved the cake and so did everyone at the party. The tulips are easier to make than roses and the leafs were just plan fun to make.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 16

what a stunning cake. i love the bold colors, the non-traditional icing technique. beautiful.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 16

This cake is beautiful!! Tulips are my fav flower! You did such a great job!! Thanks for sharing!!! icon_biggrin.gif

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 16

I'm in love with your cake. Tulips are one of my fav flowers too. Fabulous job. I can't stop looking at it!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 16

Wow! That is one lovely cake. Great job! Would kindly share the instructions for making the tulips please? My sister's favourite flower is the tulip and I would just love to make this cake for her.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 16

Really beautiful!

MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 16

This cake is exquisite. I too would like to know how you made the flowers as well as painting them. That icing technique is a wow factor for me!!! How do you do it? thumbs_up.gif

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 16

Beautiful Cake! I love everything, but especially the icing technique! How did you do it? Are the instructions on the wilton site?

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:05pm
post #11 of 16

I was going to do this for this past mothers day but decided against it. I like yours better. You did a great job.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:21pm
post #12 of 16

What a gorgeous cake!! How did you make the tulips -- gumpaste?

Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 16

the instructions are from the wilton beautiful gumpaste flowers book. The icing technique is just using the small straight blade for icing. I just did upward strokes from bottom to top. This is a great way to do a cake if you can't get your icing smooth but it looks very elegant. And the technique is something I just started doing on my own. Never saw this on any cake so that is why I like doing it. Thanks for all the great comment's
on my cake.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:29pm
post #14 of 16

what a gorgeous cake. looks better than the wilton one. thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Suewillo Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:03pm
post #15 of 16

Thanks everyone here are the tulip instructions. Hope this works.
LL

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:18pm
post #16 of 16

Thank you very much! You are a star Sue!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%