Canadian Suppliers Of Sweetex

Decorating By masarost Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 1:31am by tracey1970

masarost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masarost Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 6

Calling all Canadians - any ideas where sweetex can be bought here - specifically in Ontario? I've seen high-ratio shortening at Bulk Barn, but not sure if it's the same thing. I'd like to try and make Sugarshack's buttercream icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 6

I don't believe you can get Sweetex here in Canada..I have yet to see or find a supplier.You can order it through a few online websites out of the USA but if it is in the summer months they won''t ship it due to hot weather conditions!!! It sells for about $98.00 a box.I have bought the high ratio shortening from the bakery wholesaler here and I think it is just as good!!

masarost Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not sure there are any bakery wholesaler's in my area - I'll have to do some more research - thanks for your response!

masarost Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 6

I'm not sure there are any bakery wholesaler's in my area - I'll have to do some more research - thanks for your response!

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 6

I have been looking for Sweetex in Ontario also and have never come up with anything. I did buy some in Port Huron when I was there last weekend but have not used it yet. icon_smile.gif
I bought it at:
Create-A-Cake
(810) 987-9755
4819 Lapeer Rd, #A, Kimball, MI
It is a ways off the beaten track but worth the drive, I spent a small fortune!!

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:31am
post #6 of 6

I have also looked for hi-ratio shortening on Ontario (besides the Bulk Barn) and had no success.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%