Castle Cake Using Wilton Castle Kit

Decorating By Kaiah723 Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 7:35pm by korkyo

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to be doing a castle cake using the wilton romantic castle kit for my daughters upcoming birthday. I was just wondering if any of you out there that have done a cake using this kit have any advice for me?? I just want to be prepared for any troubles/problems that may come about. Thanks so much in advance!!

2 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 3

I have only done one of these and it was last week. The customer didn't need that many servings, so we did a 6" and 8" round. It doesn't work well with only a 2" difference in tier sizes. I guess if I would've placed the 6" to the back of the 8", it may have worked. Since there was only a 1" ledge, I wasn't able to use the roof piece and it made the cake look a little off. I didn't attach the turrets until I got it to the site, so I just used bc and it worked fine. Lots of people have had trouble traveling with the turrets in place, so I didn't even try it. I did the 3 on top at home, then saved the side ones until I got there.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 3

I had wondered about this also. I have a 3 tier wedding cake to do with this kit. Anyone else? Was there a previous thread about them? Mine is going to travel 45 min. EEKkkk...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%