Need Advice From A Military Wife Please

Lounge By pamconn Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 2:20pm by pamconn

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:06am
post #1 of 6

My daughter is having a hard time. Her soon to be fiance is back from Kuwait. The problem is that she cries almost every time he goes home. she says that she worried when he was gone that something might happen and she would never see him again and now that he is home she still worries. We were gone on vacation and he was in a minor motorcyce accident and she really had a hard time being gone from him.

How do you handle the absence and when your dh comes home does it take awhile to stop worrying about them?

5 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 6

You never stop worrying but you find ways to handle it. A lot depends on your personality and how you handle stressful situations. I guess I just got so use to it that I worried when he was in but I didn't cry that often. I kept myself busy so I had less chances to think about it. (my DH was sent to Bosnia when we were engaged and a few other deployments)

tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 6

I agree it all depends on your personality. When hubby was in Iraq, I worked extra hard on keeping a cool head if only for my children. Keeping active and maintaining friends helps alot. It's difficult but if your daughter plans on marrying a soldier she has to find ways to control this fear now. A soldier can face serious injury and even death if something goes wrong in a routine field excercise. When my husband was not deployed he was gone often to the field and accidents happened.

Encourage her to pursue her favorite activities or take up hobbies that require a lot of time and concentration. For me, cake decorating helped so much! Of course, always having family to offer support makes a big impact! Sounds corny, but your support will give her strength!

pamconn Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you ladies. She is willing to work on this. We're going to find different ideas on ways to deal with stress. She will be 19 on Thursday, so I know some of it is her age. I was thinking of having her talk with some of the wifes/girlfriend on his base. Right now he is in the reserves, so he won't be called up again for awhile.

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 6

Time will make it more managable.

Tell her to join this website. It has great support and people there really understand. I have been on there since 2003 and still love it just as much.

www.soloops.com

pamconn Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 6

msladybug,
Thanks, I will have her join this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%