A Non Breaking Spatula??

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 10:41pm by SplendidMissM

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:35am
post #1 of 10

The last 2 months I have broken over 10 spatulas!! I've snapped handles, ripped the silicone right off the head, poked through it, snapped more handles! I can't take any more!! Can someone point me in the direction of a non-breaking spatula???

9 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 10

..I went through the same thing. The best ones I have found so far are the ones made by Pampered Chef. I bought about 10 of them a few years back and they are still going strong! thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 10

Pampered Chef are my favorite also. I have 3 of the standard and at least one of the others

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 10

I was just going to say Pampered Chef. I use their small Mix n' Scrapers (they're spoon-like, but work great as regular spatulas as well!) The small ones are actually pretty decent in size. icon_biggrin.gif

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 10

I feel your pain! A while back a bought a Kitchenaid spatula at Wal-Mart with a stainless steele handle and loved it so much I went back and got more!!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 10

I snap those things all the time - I have actually snapped that stupid thing and then it go straight up my arm and cut me. I can't seem to find one that won't do that

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 10

I would say try the Pampered Chef ones. I have 6 that are 5 yrs+ and they never fail me. I use them all day long and they always perform! HTH

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:17pm
post #8 of 10

Yeah Pampered Chef!!!! thumbs_up.gif

I love those things so much, each of my grown kids got one in their Christmas stocking last year! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif (they were all at various stages of having their first apartments) They thought I was weird at first-but they love 'em too! icon_biggrin.gif

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:35pm
post #9 of 10

definitely pampered chef! the good thing about it is, if you break it, it has a 3 year warranty and they will send u another one without any questions. i love their customer service.

SplendidMissM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SplendidMissM Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 10

Out of curiosity, what brands have you broken?

Mine are all Williams Sonoma or Le Creuset (it's GLITTERY!) and I've had them for years.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%