Wedding Cake Pricing

Decorating By nmrunyon Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 1:26pm by indydebi

nmrunyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmrunyon Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:37am
post #1 of 3

I was hoping someone can help me with a fool-proof way to give a quote for a wedding cake. I have recently started doing wedding cakes and am finding it incredibly difficult to come up with a quote sheet. I tried the Earleen chart and the other one here and it just doesn't make since (blond moment I guess). I downloaded the Cake Boss program but it isn't helping me too much either. I know I am making this much harder then it should be.

Any suggestions?

2 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 3

I don't have a different wedding/party cake price.

I have my standard price per serving base price. Then using Earlene's chart, I multiply the base price and the number of servings (for example an 8" will feed 15, so base x 15). I charge for the cake they get not how much they need. My base price base includes 99% of design elements and filling. I do charge extra for CERTAIN design elements.

HTH

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 3

I pretty much do the same as ccr ... except I use the wilton chart because you get more money per cake. My price is a flat-per-serving price, and only last month did I do my first cake that I will charge a premium fee for because of all of the chocolate work involved (my Skyline Cake).

Call it a wedding cake, call it a birthday cake, call it a kiss-my-butt cake, it's all the same cake, same work, same price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%