Cake Supply Stores In Salt Lake

Decorating By jbc Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 5:25am by therbug

jbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbc Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 4

I just moved from Oregon to Utah and have had a hard time finding any good cake supply stores in the area. Does anyone know of any in the Salt Lake area? So far all I have find is Michaels and it doesn't have what I need. I have a wedding cake coming up in two weeks and was just asked to do it (it's for a family member do other people wait so long to ask or is it just family assumes you will do it for them?) and before I order the stuff I need online I was hoping I might be able to find a store so I can guarantee I have what I need in time for the wedding.

3 replies
jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure what you're looking for....but try Bakers Cash and Carry in SLC. Just google the name and you'll find their website.

jbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbc Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks I will have to check that one out. In Portland there was this great shop called The Decorette. You could buy cake stands, pillars, boards, pans, filling honestly about anything you could need or imagine. While Michaels has a few things, but it doesn't have what I need for this cake and probably not what I would need for future cakes. I just was looking for something that had a little more to offer.

therbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therbug Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:25am
post #4 of 4

Sorry Im a little late at replying icon_redface.gif Anyway, if you havent already you should check out Orsyn Gygi. They carry some other brands besides just Wilton. They carry luster dusts, fat didios pans, americolor...
Here is their info

Gygi Culinary Solutions
3500 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah

(801) 268-3316

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%