Anyone Have A Grand Marnier Mousse Recipe?

Baking By ThreeDGirlie Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 1:39am by ThreeDGirlie

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 3

My wedding cake was a white almond cake with Grand Marnier Mousse filling. I would love to duplicate it for my anniversary in a couple of months, but can't find a mousse recipe, and I am afraid to invent my own!

TIA!

2 replies
vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 3

GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

4 1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
3/4 lb. bittersweet chocolate bits
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. Grand Marnier
2 1/4 c. heavy cream, well chilled
3/4 c. super fine & 1/3 c. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. fine julienne of orange rind

In a small bowl sprinkle the gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water. Soften for 5 minutes and in a small saucepan heat and stir the mixture over moderate heat until the gelatin dissolves. In a double boiler over barely simmering water melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Whisk in gelatin mixture and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, keeping pan set over the hot water.
Beat the cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer adding the super fine sugar a little at a time. Add remaining 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, and beat mixture until it holds stiff peaks. Transfer 1 1/2 cup soft whipped cream mixture to a small bowl and reserve it, covered and chilled. Remove the chocolate mixture from over the hot water and let cool for 30 seconds. With the mixer beat in remaining whipped cream mixture until combined well. Divide mousse among six 1-cup goblets and chill, covered with plastic wrap, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until almost set. With small spoon scoop out a tablespoon in center of each, transferring the scooped out mousse to a small saucepan. Fill depressions with some of the reserved whipped cream mixture. Stir scooped out mousse over low heat until smooth. Pour it over the mousses and chill them covered with plastic wrap for 2 hours.

In boiling water, blanch the orange rind for 1 minute and drain. In same pan combine rind, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, and boil 4 minutes, or until rind is translucent and liquid is reduced. Add 1/4 cup cold water. Bring liquid to a boil, and strain mixture through a fine sieve, discarding liquid. Let rind cool. With a pastry bag, decorate with remaining whipped cream mixture and sprinkle with candied rind. Serves 6.

GRAND MARNIER MOUSSE

4 eggs, separated
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 env. unflavored gelatin
1/3 c. cold water
1/3 c. Grand Marnier
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
16 lady fingers (optional)

Separate eggs. Beat yolks with sugar until very thick. In saucepan sprinkle gelatin on water and leave for 5 minutes, then heat to dissolve. Add Grand Marnier to gelatin. Whip cream lightly, beat egg whites until they stand in soft peaks.
Combine egg and sugar mixture with cream. Add Grand Marnier then egg whites. Allow to set 3-4 hours in refrigerator.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much! It was the best cake my husband and I ever ate. I am only hoping I can do it justice... With the second recipe, I may come pretty close. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%