How Do I Do This Skateboard Cake ?

Decorating By cakesbyjulie2 Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm by cakesbyjulie2

cakesbyjulie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjulie2 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 4

I have to make a skate board cake . I had a general idea, however I came acorss this one and it was different from the rest. Different b/c it actually was elevated . It looks like there is a cake board the same shape as the skateboard , but i am not sure how they go it to stay up on the wheels . Anyone have any ideas????????????
LL

3 replies
Bunniefluf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunniefluf Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 4

You are right...all the ones that are elevated seem to have a cakeboard the same shape as the cake (in this case a skateboard).
As for elevating, I would guess that there are supports that are glued (or somehow affixed) to the bottom cake board that are used to provide the structure to elevate the skateboard cake board...the supports are hidden by the donut wheels. Does that make sense? icon_confused.gif
The wheels aren't really supporting the cake and cakeboard, there are dowel rods (or something of the like) running through the donut wheels that are supporting the skateboard cake.

Hope this helps... icon_rolleyes.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 4

confirming Bunniefluf's take on the cake.

although sketch says car / truck...same principal for skateboard, just different cake board shape
LL

cakesbyjulie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjulie2 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for your imput as soon as I saw the diagram, an idea poped right into my head .

I know exactly how I am going to do it now !

thanks again !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%