Smash Up Cakes

Decorating By solascakes Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm by alicegop

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,
what does smash up cake means and why is it done. I'm assuming its the mini version of the main cake of the birthday party.Thanks

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 4

smash cake ...

an excuse to watch baby make a total mess destroying a small (usually about 4-6 in) cake on the baby's 1st b-day.

this usually means, considering a 1-year-old's coordination level...

they smash the cake into the plate, all over the table, into their clothes, into their hair, all over their face (just can't see to find that mouth!), etc.

all this done while adults laugh and take plenty of pictures (great for blackmailing dating teens and dragging out at wedding rehearsals)

cake usually matches theme of main cake.

(of course there is that occasional child, like my grand nephew who stripped the fondant off the cake and ate that, the tipped the cake into his mom's lap! -- mom and dad had to help him make a mess of himself -- a bit fastidious he is)

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much, unfortunately i'm making a cake for a 7yr old so im sure we would not get much fun out of watching him neatly demolishing the cake.Thanks again.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 4

I bet if you told the 7yr old to have at it you'd have a big mess. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%