First Cake W/ Fondant Accents!

Decorating By Ruby2uesday Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 8:26pm by bashini

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 8

I'm very pleased! I've never worked with fondant before this and i'm kind of a newbie to the deco scene. i did it a long time ago, but just getting back started and never did to much. Anyway, today was my son's 11th bday party and i saw the picture of the cake on the box of the Wilton's Silly Feet Cake stand. I LOVED IT! i bought the stand too. lol Well i didn't use the stand cause i made a 10in round cake and didn't have enough room for my confetti curls so i just used my cake carrier base, but i'm very happy with the way it turned out! I started my curls on Tuesday night and used hangers that i cut today with a pair of big cutters and they stayed pretty good. glad i made a ton cause i did have some breakage! I used the premade Wiltons primary color box because i work 2 jobs and it was handy. i did find that zapping it in the micro and using crisco worked the best for me. anyway it's not letting me load the pics to my photo album but i was to excited not to share!!! Thanks to Launa for all the help through PM!!! Y'all are the best.

7 replies
Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 8

It's a great looking cake...you did a wonderful job! Your buttercream is so smooth and perfect and I love the curls. Very fun and I'm sure you're son loved it!

chelley325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelley325 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #3 of 8

That is such an adorable cake! You did a fantastic job and I agree, your buttercream looks flawless!

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:41am
post #4 of 8

I love all your curls... great job!!!! And I ditto the others... your buttercream looks terrific!!!

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:51am
post #5 of 8

Ruby - I'm so glad you found a way to get your picture on CC so others could oogle and google at your adorable cake!! I've enjoyed chatting with you all week and can't wait to see what you do next! Keep me posted!! icon_lol.gif

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #6 of 8

HAHAHAHA do i have you all fooled! camera angles work wonders! icon_wink.gif lol it's not perfect by ANY MEANS! I am so wanting the DVD's by sugarshack so it really CAN look flawless!!!!! you really can hide mistakes w/ fondant and decorations! LOL

Thanks for the compliments though!!! My head is big, i might not be able to get it through the door! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:52am
post #7 of 8

Very cool cake. I love it, so festive.

Mike

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 8

What a beautiful and colorful cake! You have done a fantastic job.

Well Done! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%