So Get This...

Decorating By jenbakescakes Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 1:41am by summernoelle

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 8

I have a client who ordered a 1/2 sheet cake (11x15) double layer (4" high) sheet cake which will serve approximately 82 people at wedding size servings. She ordered this for her baby's first birthday in addition to a smash cake. There is only 30 people coming, and then two days before the cake is due, she frantically calls me wanting to double, yes I said DOUBLE the size of the cake because 10 more people RSVP'd. icon_confused.gif I talked her out of it because she already has so much extra cake, she is going to hate the sight of it after a couple days. Then this morning she comes to pick the cake up, which by the way I told her I would have delivered for FREE, in the tiniest car filled with so much crap, I'm wondering where she is planning on putting the cake. She straddles the huge sheet cake on the edge of her front seat and a cardboard box. Okey dokey then....Then I am working outside this afternoon and my husband says I have a message from her. She says it made it to the place where the party is being held, but then when she was putting it in the fridge, she bumped the top border and messed it up. She wants to know what she can buy at the store to fix it. So I called her back and she said, oh nevermind, I'm just going to leave it as it is, it's really not that noticeable. Ok, but then she says that she put the cake in the freezer on the lowest setting because they needed the fridge space. I did not tell her that it needed to be refridgerated, but I also didn't tell her that it didn't. I didn't want to be like, "Get that cake out of the freezer NOW!!!" so I gently said "Well, if it were me, I would take the cake out of the freezer because it doesn't need to be chilled and you are running the risk of condensation building up." She says, "Well I don't want the cake to be dry" icon_confused.gif I assured her that it wouldn't. I was half expecting another frantic phone call saying that the condensation made all of the color run, but I guess it was ok. Sigh...I guess sometimes all you can do is shake your head...Sorry this is so long but I KNOW some of you have had some like this! lol icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 8

Funny. People are so high maintenance sometimes.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 8

D'oh! Things that make ya go hmmmmmm

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 8

Ain't no rockets being built at that party, eh?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 8

Most of the party cakes I make will also be ruined if refrigerated...so I now have on the sticker on the cake box "Do not Refrigerate"

Maybe this poor women just hasn't had enough sleep? Or REALLY loves cake!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:29am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ROFLMAO!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I SO agree!!!

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:30am
post #7 of 8
Quote:

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Oh my goodness icon_lol.gif ....see that's why I posted this story, cause I knew I would get a good laugh from it! lol too funny!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:41am
post #8 of 8
Quote:

Theresa icon_smile.gif

You sound just like my DH. LMAO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%