Any Ideas On How To Do A Kung Fu Panda Cake

Decorating By doodlebugs Updated 20 Aug 2012 , 4:56am by Rosie2

doodlebugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodlebugs Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 11

I have an order for a Kung Fu Panda cake and I am at a total loss as to even know where to begin. Anyone have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

10 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 11

If it were me I'd get on the web sit for the movie, print out pictures of all of the main characters and make chocolate transfers.

HTH

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 11

Or maybe you could use the wilton 3D bear pan and modify that? icon_confused.gif

Just shootin ideas out there! icon_lol.gif

qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 11

I'm looking for ideas too....need the cake for this weekend for DS birthday. I was going to use Wilton's mini 3d bear on a 10 inch round covered with red fondant and then make the Panda wearing the patchworked shorts and use pretzel sticks for the Bamboo....BUT I would like to make the Panda standing up and that part has me stumped.....

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 11

I did one a couple of weeks ago, but I was in such a rush that I didn't take a picture of it. I did a buttercream transfer of Po (the main character). I also did a smash cake and just put the Happy Meal toy on top of it (McD's has Kung Fu Panda toys right now). I'm sure you could go alot further with it than I did, but I was dealing with an 8 inch round with chocolate fudge icing, so I was kind of limited.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 10:13am
post #6 of 11

I just Googled KFP (figure my DGS will want him this BD) and there are pages and pages of photos, drawings, all kinds of stuff to work from!

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 11

What about that old flat Teddy Bear pan, would that work?

turnerdmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turnerdmann Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 11

Maybe use JulieB's idea. The old teddy bear pan with half sports ball half for his large tummy.

qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:11am
post #9 of 11

you all give such great ideas...I ended up using a batter bowl and using RKT for the arms and paws and the sports bowl pan for his head. I was really pleased with how it turned out, took a zillion pictures and they were somehow deleted went I went to upload them....so much for letting someone else use my camera. Luckily my daughter had taken a picture of the cake with her cell phone, so we still have one. I've uploaded it into my pictures. Someday I hope to be as great as so many of you are on this site.

rmbias1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmbias1 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:54am
post #10 of 11

I made a KFP cake, well mostly just panda, but I made a panda out of rice crispy treats, covered in rolled buttercream and painted it to look like the panda. I used a green icing (the color of the theme napkins) and used fondant to make bamboo to place around the base of the cake. I made an extra piece to put in the panda's hand (like if he would have been using it to fight with).
HTH

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 20 Aug 2012 , 4:56am
post #11 of 11

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone knows if there's a tutorial for a Kung Fu Panda cake?

Thank you all!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%