Home Brewed Wedding Bouquet Flavoring?

Baking By heathercarnold Updated 9 Jul 2015 , 5:53am by alycakes42

heathercarnold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathercarnold Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:04am
post #1 of 11

Has anyone come up with a similar combination of flavors that gives the same results as Wedding Bouquet flavoring? I've run out mid-batch icon_sad.gif

10 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:41am
post #2 of 11

Bump!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 4:46am
post #3 of 11

Oh Lord, I would happily swap with you, lol. We think it tastes really, really bad. I don't know why, but everyone in my family dislikes it - the neighbors too! Which is a bummer because I paid $14 for it. icon_cry.gif

There seems to be a very flowery, citrus, almond thing going on. I wonder if the gal who created it just used other bouquets to create that one? I am clearly the majority on this since I have yet to hear any other CC member speak ill of Wedding Bouquet, lol!

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 11

I'd really like to know the answer to this also as I have not been able to find it in my area at all. I thought I read somewhere..and I could very well be wrong...but isn't it adding almond, vanilla and butter flavorings?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 11

The only place to get it is from the lady who makes it or global sugar art was going to stock it...I dunno if they did or not.
As far as what's in it, she isn't going to give out her recipe, that would defeat her purpose in making it.

I am not fond of anything almond flavored so I didn't get it. But this and creme bouquet and I think it's the lorann princess emulsion sound almost identical in tastes excluding the almond in those last two.
So I say buy some of the other two add almond if ya like and see what ya get.
Or see if who ever bought it and cant use it can help ya brain storm on the flavors in there too.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 11

I really don't taste a almond flavor in it ... I dunno it's fresh tasting.. not really a citrus flavor but... who knows LOL

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 11

Can't help with Wedding Bouquet but on May 11, cocobean gave the following recipe for Creme Bouquet on a forum:

1 T. lemon extract (I believe she used lemon juice but I tried lemon extract)
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
1 t. butter flavoring

She couldn't remember who she got it from but said she liked it rather well. Might be someplace to at least start. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 11

IF you take out the lemon extract you'd have the Creme Royal icon_smile.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:12pm
post #9 of 11

i tried cocobean's combination in a batch of WASC cake recently

i don't know how the Wedding Bouquet is supposed to taste but i loved the flavour of the cake...Betty Crocker white cake has its own flavours already so i am not sure if the Wedding Bouquet accentuated it or not (may have to try it in a plain scratch cake)

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grami948

Can't help with Wedding Bouquet but on May 11, cocobean gave the following recipe for Creme Bouquet on a forum:

1 T. lemon extract (I believe she used lemon juice but I tried lemon extract)
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
1 t. butter flavoring

She couldn't remember who she got it from but said she liked it rather well. Might be someplace to at least start. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try this! icon_biggrin.gif

alycakes42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alycakes42 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 5:53am
post #11 of 11

So I've been making cakes for years and had never heard about bridal blend or wedding bouquet until today watching a tutorial from Alan at Global Sugar Art on youtube.  I wanted to try a buttercream with this flavor but don't have time to order online so I started my search online for a recipe. 

I remember something Alan said in his video about the flavor...that it had citrus, cherry, vanilla and butter flavoring.  Then in reading this I see the recipe with lemon, vanilla, almond, and butter extract but I also added cherry because he had mentioned it in his video.  My recipe was:

• 1 t butter extract
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 1/2 t almond extract
  • 1/2 t cherry extract
  • 3/4 t lemon extract

Problem is I don't know what it's supposed to taste like so I don't know if I have my proportions right.  I just went by instinct and smell.  Figured the almond and cherry have similar essences so did 1/2 t of each? 

What are your thoughts?  Anyone who knows how this is supposed to taste want to try it with cherry flavoring too?  I would love to know your thoughts.  Thanks so much!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%