Opinions Please!!???!!

Decorating By deliciously_decadent Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 10:12am by peg818

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:54am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I am wantin a bit of helpfull advise and constructive critisism. Today I completed my first traditional gumpaste roses-yes I have managed to completely avoid having to do this my entire decorationg career by being the decorator that does all the bright loud funky vibrant trendy cakes and well, this is the most traditional cake i have ever done! and yes it all started with the old white gumpaste rose so i got out my old how to books and off i went. just wanting an honest opinion and (if they really suck!) how to improve on them or weather it just comes down to the old addage 'practice makes perfect'
Thanks guys
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1234209
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1234211

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 5:05am
post #2 of 4

they look pretty on the cake. they do, however, look more like gardenias than roses. I think if you elongate the centers and keep the petals a bit more upright it will look more rose-ish.

But, unless you want to do this on a regular basis, they look pretty so call it good enough. icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:09am
post #3 of 4

Hi, your cake is beautiful. I am not an expert on makeing roses, but I make them with a five petal cutter. There is a video on "how to make a rose with a five petal cutter", under article section by aine2. i think that way is very easy.

HTH.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:12am
post #4 of 4

They are pretty.

But to improve, The out side petals look too big compared to the centers of the flowers. Turn the ends of the petals out some, space the out side petals more evenly around the center and keep practicing they are a very good start.

It took me a long time to finally get a gp rose to where i like it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%