Spaghetti Cake

Decorating By Melan Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 5:52pm by fiddlesticks

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 18

I have made the famous spaghetti cake before, using strawberry cake with buttercream. I topped it with strawberry icecream topping for the spaghetti sauce and used a candy truffle for the meatballs. Any ideas of what else I could use for the spaghetti sauce? I'd like to do a chocolate cake this time around, I would like to use something different than the topping I used. It was Smuckers brand. Is there anything out there that is better that you have used? It's for a family reunion, full of picky kids who don't care for that strawberry topping. Here is the last one I did:
LL

17 replies
gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 18

maybe red piping gel? that's a really cute cake!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 18

I have used Sunspire Organic Spreadable Fruit from Costco for sauce. I have never tried Smuckers, but the Sunspire is really good. Or is it the strawberry flavor they object to?!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 18

The Italian cake in my photos has "sauce" poured over it. I used the same Butter Cream Cheese Frosting that is on the cake. I simply put some in a glass measuring cup, and added a little red food coloring until I saw the color I wanted. I then put the measuring cup in the microwave to make it melt into a pourable condition. I didn't make the frosting hot. I only left it in there a very short amount of time. Stir and pour. You will be able to feel the cup and know if you over did it. I didn't want to melt the cake frosting. icon_lol.gif

Melan Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 18

I think it is the strawberry flavor that they are opposed to, I still had some kids who wouldn't eat it because they didn't like spaghetti! So, can I warm up just regular buttercream in the microwave like DebBTX or does it need to be ButterCream cheese frosting? That sounds like it might go over better with the kids, but I really like the look of the strawberry topping.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 18

I don't see why it couldn't be regular BC. I still like my idea, though. icon_biggrin.gif

Melan Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedecoratingsmything

I don't see why it couldn't be regular BC. I still like my idea, though. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know how I didn't see that reply, but you are right, and it would probably give the look I want!

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 18

I used real pureed strawberries. Very tasty!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:45pm
post #9 of 18

I used the fruit sleeves you can buy ( mine from my local cake supply ) I used red raspberry for one and the strawberry for the other ! I also added some cocoa powder to darken it up a bit ! A few different pic,s in my photos! one a place setting and the other a carryout !HTH!

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #10 of 18

What tip do you use for the speghetti?

fiddlesticks Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm
post #11 of 18

I used a round # 4-6! I have used both ,just what ever you like the best !

fiddlesticks Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 18

fiddlesticks Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:33pm
post #13 of 18

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:27pm
post #14 of 18

Cherries! Chocolate and cherries work very well together!

like cherry pie filling?

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:15pm
post #15 of 18

I used strawberry filling mixed w/ tinted bc for mine (in my photos). The meatballs are Ferraro Rocher chocolates.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:24pm
post #16 of 18

I hate to be a pain but I want to try it this weekend. How thick do I need the BC to be for the "speghetti" will hold its shape. I have bought everything except the white chocolate, that I can't find. Thank you!

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:27pm
post #17 of 18

I did not do anything different for the "noodle" bc. It held its shape just fine.

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:52pm
post #18 of 18

Just use your reg bc recipe and its fine ! Just let it harden up some before you add the sauce on top ! You can use any white choc , The white choc bark /baking bars whatever you can find ! I have some garlic bread in my pic,s also, it goes great with the spaghetti cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%