Wasc Recipe Question

Decorating By formerbuckeye Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 7:04pm by formerbuckeye

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

I am using the WASC recipe for a wedding cake on June 28 and have a question about the quantity the recipe makes. It says it makes one 12" + one 8" + one 6". Can anyone tell me if this equation is filling the pans 1/2 full or 2/3 full? I am using this flavor for the top tier (8") and the bottom tier (12"). I fill my pans 2/3 full and want to make sure that two recipes will be enough.

Thanks,
Sandra

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 7

The wasc recipe that uses two boxes of cake mix and the flour and sugar etc. makes 16 cups of batter. Wilton shows the amounts of batter used in each pan in their big chart that shows the servings sizes & stuff. So you can figure it out that way.

formerbuckeye Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you. I'll go to Wilton.com and check out the chart.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 7

my experience with this recipe is that it doesn't rise an awful lot, but it makes a wonderful cake. So plan accordingly. (I poured 1/2 a pan, since that's what my cakes usually take, but it didn't rise all the way to the top of the pan. eeep!) Your mileage may vary. I'd do a test run, if you have time, just to be sure. oven temps and weather conditions might also affect it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 7

I use self-rising flour so I still get a nice rise.
Just a thought for yah.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 7

LOL I wonder why that never occurred to me??? icon_razz.gif my brain just isn't what it used to be. THanks! I'll try that. I have a cake being picked up tomorrow, so that would be the perfect time to give it a shot. icon_smile.gif

I love CC. icon_smile.gif

formerbuckeye Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 7

k8memphis: that's a good idea. Does it affect the denseness of the cake? Is it lighter/fluffier than if you use all purpose flour?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%