Has This Ever Happened To You?

Decorating By Mamas Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 1:06am by Carolynlovescake

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 8

When I bake minis the cupcake papers seperate from the cupcake in the most unattractive manner. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I always bake far more minis than I need so that I can swap out the ugly ones. Has this ever happened to you? Do you know what I should be doing to correct the problem?

7 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 8

For me at least, in my horrible, horrible oven, I have to turn the temp down when doing smaller anythings or they do just that and over-shrink.

Is the same amount of batter going in each?

Makes me crazy when that happens too...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:01am
post #3 of 8

I've read in other threads that it's cheap cupcake papers. The more expensive ones are ok.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:06am
post #4 of 8

Cheap liners, over-baking, and leaving them in the pan to cool.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:16am
post #5 of 8

also, wrapping them when not totally cool - the steam makes them peel

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:21am
post #6 of 8

OH icon_redface.gif

I leave them in the pan to cool, I probably box them too soon, I use cheap paper, I raised the cooking temp by 25 degrees because for some reason I thought that would help . . . . . in other words everything you guys have warned against. icon_redface.gif

I have a few big mini orders coming up that I have been dreading. I hope all this helps. Thanks. If there is anything else you can think of let me know.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 8

It's not necessarily the rise in temperature. I was referring to baking them too long. Depending on what temp you are actually using it might be fine. Cupcakes tend to need the higher heat (350 as opposed to a lower temp- in regular ovens, not convection ovens) to get the rounded top.

But anyway, everyone's oven is different and only you know what works for you in that area.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:06am
post #8 of 8

what do we all consider "cheap".

cheap to one might be pricey to another. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%