Omg! Tooting My Own Horn Lol!

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 2:38am by superstar

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 10

I made this cake for a customer last Friday(and it was then driven all the way from Holland to the UK that night!):

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1231642.html

I have just opened my mail to see this:

"The cake was an amazing success. Thank you very much. Not only was it spectacular to look at but it was delicious !!
The birthday lunch was at the restaurant of a TV chef in the UK (Andrew Nutter). He asked where the cake was from as he was impressed too."

Wow! I can't believe that a famous chef was impressed by something I made! I haven't stopped grinning all night!!! To be honest, I have recently started to doubt what I do, as business has been down by about 40% for me compared to last year icon_cry.gif . Now I guess I can be rest assured that it has less to do with me, and more to do with something else?! Anyway, just wanted to share my little taste of success with those who can appreciate it!

9 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 10

You should be tooting your own horn. That cake is beautiful. I love all the detail.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 10

Your cake is perfect!! Congratulations!!! Maybe Chef Nutter will call you, YEAH, BABY! You could be FAMOUS!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifparty.gif

I wouldn't attribute your business being down to you, your cakes look PERFECT! icon_lol.gif Probably the economy right now thumbsdown.gif

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 10

And what a well-deserved toot it is!

That cake is fabulous, of course the man was impressed. We all are, I'm sure.

Good job!

Superstar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superstar2 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 10

You go right ahead and not only toot your horn but do the happy dance too. Congratulations. Your cake is awesome.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 10

I agree with the other posters. If it were me, I'd be telling anyone that would listen. Heck, I'd tie people to their chairs and tell them if they didn't want to listen. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:36pm
post #7 of 10

Wow Multiplied Congratulations. Brilliant!
Love the cake--the tooled leather look purse with the little dragees scattered about is awesome

Now a question how do you drive from the UK to Holland? Through the chunnel?? Isn't that what it's called? The tunnel under the channel from England to France.

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 10

Wonderful job. That cake is absolutely gorgeous!

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:38pm
post #9 of 10

Wonderful job. That cake is absolutely gorgeous!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:38am
post #10 of 10

Great cake, you should be proud.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%