Help My..cello Cake And Cupcake Bags Sweating

Decorating By whippet1 Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 5:14am by JoAnnB

whippet1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whippet1 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 4

icon_cry.gif I am having a big problem with my packaging and would love some help. I sell baked goods at a farmers market and this year I have been packaging my cakes and cupcakes in paper boats and cello bags. I wait an hour or two for the cakes to cool after cutting them then package them . They look terrific until we get to the market...within an hour (out of the sun) the packages sweat so badly you can't see the cupcakes???

I need to order new packaging but I don't want to order anything until I figure this out.

Thanks to all !!!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 4

If the product is cool when you set it out at the warm fair it will likely sweat even out of the sun. Dryer items, like cookies usually don't have enough moisture to cause condensation inside the bags.

whippet1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whippet1 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:38am
post #3 of 4

That's true about the cookies, they're not affected. Lately we have had such cold weather that the baked goods sweat when they get out in the cold.

So what should I do....does anyone else have this problem? or better packaging ideas icon_biggrin.gif So frustrating to decorate lovely cupcakes only to have them covered in moisture so no one can see how pretty they are.....THANKS!!!!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:14am
post #4 of 4

When I did cupcakes for the market, I used a 10 ounce plastic cup and lid. The cupcake fit right down inside, and there was space for icing and then the lid. I covered the x in the lid (for the straw) with my label.

inexpensive at the restaurant supply store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%